2001 SS Suspension upgrade

Share your latest project information - pictures always help!
twomanymontes

Re: 2001 SS Suspension upgrade

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:16 pm

This car is starting to piss me off!! I can't get it to pass NYS Inspection because 2 monitors won't trip. Been trying for almost a month. So fustraghting!

But some good news, Matt is just about done with the hood. It's been cleared again, wet sanded and buffed. Next up the rear deck lid.

Clint, I got your message, but for some reason my phone is locked up. I guess I have your approval, LOL!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:49 am

I'm trusting that you finally got it to pass inspection. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Yeah, had a to pull a slightly illegal move, but she did pass the catalyst monitor on the trip to PA. Got it inspected properly and she's good to go!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:30 pm

All's well that ends well.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:01 pm

While I can get into my photobucket account, Here is a pic of the finished project from the GM nationals.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Well, I tried! Apparently Photobucket is no longer hosting for free. And there is no way I will pay to deal with the bullshit I have gone through in the last 6 months! I need to find another hosting site

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Photobucket is being a bitch. All the forums I'm on are busted now. Everyone is going to leave them to find another free hosting site with less problems.
It's actually cheaper to just buy a website for $60 a year to host all your own pics.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Ok, I'm trying imgur for picture hosting. Lets see if this works

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Looking great Dave !
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:26 pm

How you liking imgur?

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:45 pm

battmann wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:26 pm
How you liking imgur?
There you are Clint. Haven't heard from you in a while and I was thinking the worse. lol Any shows planned with the Charger this year? Going to Lt. Dan's ?
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:58 pm

This summer has been rough. My work is swamped and I've been doing a lot of sidework too. Don't have a lot of time between that and family stuff. Trying to work on my car at Dan's here & there. Tough to get our schedules to align.
Lisa's grandma died a couple weeks ago. She was 93. Got pneumonia and was a steady decline. I've been having some health issues as well. I feel like shit all the time. Has a stress test & bloodwork but they didn't find anything. I have a sleep study scheduled in October. In two weeks I need to have tubes put in my ears. I've always had ear trouble. Had multiple sets of tubes since I was a kid.
Next week is our family vacation. We're going to Orlando for 5 days. Two days we'll be at Legoland. Still planning the other days. Our flight leaves from Pittsburgh. Spirit airlines had really cheap non-stop flights.
Sorry to hijack Dave's thread. That's all my updates.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:24 am

battmann wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:58 pm
This summer has been rough. My work is swamped and I've been doing a lot of sidework too. Don't have a lot of time between that and family stuff. Trying to work on my car at Dan's here & there. Tough to get our schedules to align.
Lisa's grandma died a couple weeks ago. She was 93. Got pneumonia and was a steady decline. I've been having some health issues as well. I feel like shit all the time. Has a stress test & bloodwork but they didn't find anything. I have a sleep study scheduled in October. In two weeks I need to have tubes put in my ears. I've always had ear trouble. Had multiple sets of tubes since I was a kid.
Next week is our family vacation. We're going to Orlando for 5 days. Two days we'll be at Legoland. Still planning the other days. Our flight leaves from Pittsburgh. Spirit airlines had really cheap non-stop flights.
Sorry to hijack Dave's thread. That's all my updates.
Sorry to hear about the health problems. I'm guessing with the sleep study they suspect sleep apnea. That would be the cause of feeling like shit. I have it so I know. My problem was that the mask was terrible and I was awake more because of the mask so I finally gave up on it. I hope you have much better luck with it.
I have seen your car outside during the day at Lt. Dan's. Love that color.
I was hoping,as a club, that we could hit some car shows together but this year is shaping up as bad or worse than last year in that regards. I've only been to one show with Dave and the boys and that was OUR show in June. Feeling like I'm on Gilligans Island here. lol
Have a good vacation with the family.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:53 pm

LOL! Pete, I have only made 2 shows this year myself. Ours and the Nationals! Haven't been able to even check out a cruise night yet. Heck I've only been to the races once so far this year. Trying to get everything done around here and caught up at the garage.

This weekend I need to get the bushes trimmed and power wash the house. Then I will be almost caught up here. Enough to get Diana of my back at least. Sunday I'm heading to West Seneca to install brake lines for Wayne.

Then following weekend, piss on the world! I'm going to Mid Ohio for the Prelli world challenge and Indy race. Then on August 6th it's the Summit all Chevy show, so I have to put Matt's car back together.

Clint, hope your feeling better! And I never care if my threads are hi jacked. I do it all the time, LOL! Have fun on the vacation!!!

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Wish this weather would break! I have a few idea that I want to do to the 01. But with having to have the roof finished this year, I may not have a lot of cash to spend. So it might be a cheap year.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Sadly I think we are stuck with this weather for quite a while. Another late spring.

You do what you can as far as the 01. Roof is a priority I would think.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Yeah, I got to get it done before it starts to drip on my head, LOL!!

Yeah, I'll do what I can, when I can. But I guess just keeping it clean

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Sad to say, this chapter has quite possibly come to an end.

On the way to Watkins Glen this morning, we hit a patch of ice and spun the car into the guardrail.

We are all ok, barely felt the hit. The car wasn't so lucky. The right rear is slammed inside the trunk, rear bumper is torn, the deck lid crushed, tail lights destroyed.

I'm hoping it's not totaled, but Matthew is pretty sure it will be. I should have an answer by the end of the week,

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:20 am

Wow Dave I'm sorry to hear this! :cry: Glad everyone is OK. This winter and the cold temps just won't let go. That totally sucks! Will you consider rebuilding her?
"No shitter ever came between me and Christine"....Arnold Cunningham

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:22 am

We started tearing it apart to get a good look at the structure. We also hit junkyards yesterday to try and locate the body panels.

We got some of the hard to find stuff. Even if we don't fix it, I can easily sell these parts. Marks has a whole back clip, so that's a good sign. They have had it for a few months now, so people in Buffalo are not fixing these cars.

We are going to the races at Mid Ohio in 2 weeks, so I'll really make my final decision then