Resurecting my truck

Share your latest project information - pictures always help!
petegee77

Re: Resurecting my truck

Post by petegee77 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:51 am

twomanymontes wrote:WOW, almost a year since I have done anything to the truck. LOL!

Last week I changed the oil and topped off the fluids. And Matt painted the new roll pan. I added 2 flush mount LED's and created a wiring harness to hook them into the reverse lights. Well, tonight I got it installed and wired to the truck. It looks really cool!!! I also added new tail lights.

I didn't get a chance to take a pic of it mounted yet, but I took some as it was being assembled

the flush mounts
I saw the LED's when you back her out of the bay yesterday. They really looked sharp.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Got all 4 of the used tires on for the winter. Rides pretty nice now. But they are HUGE and take some power to get up to speed. Still need to put on the center caps.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

johnny533

Post by johnny533 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 pm

I can't view the recent photos you've shared but from the previous photos I saw, I'm really impressed with your build. Nice side steps and light bar, and I do think it would look good with power running boards as well. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon in Stockton and have Toyo Tires installed for more off-road driveability.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed May 24, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks, Yeah, I don't know why certain pics show up, others don't. Someday I will get it worked out. But right now I'm too busy thrashing on getting the Montes done. I'm so far behind this year!

I'm not a fan of the power running boards, or running boards at all for that matter. I prefer the tubular step bars, They don't hold the mud, snow and grunge against the rockers as much. and they are easier to maintain. Just blast them with some Walmart paint and they are good to go!

johnny533

Post by johnny533 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:56 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 10:18 pm
Thanks, Yeah, I don't know why certain pics show up, others don't. Someday I will get it worked out. But right now I'm too busy thrashing on getting the Montes done. I'm so far behind this year!

I'm not a fan of the power running boards, or running boards at all for that matter. I prefer the tubular step bars, They don't hold the mud, snow and grunge against the rockers as much. and they are easier to maintain. Just blast them with some Walmart paint and they are good to go!
I see that you've got your hands full this time. Well, it's just that I got no problem cleaning power running boards that why I suggested it. Still, the preference is yours to decide. Anyway thanks for the response! Looking forward to your projects. :D

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:55 am

johnny533 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 pm
I can't view the recent photos you've shared but from the previous photos I saw, I'm really impressed with your build. Nice side steps and light bar, and I do think it would look good with power running boards as well. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon in Stockton and have Toyo Tires installed for more off-road driveability.
Johnny when you say "Stockton" do you mean Stockton,California?
Nothing but Mopars Image

johnny533

Post by johnny533 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:03 am

petegee77 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:55 am
johnny533 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 pm
Johnny when you say "Stockton" do you mean Stockton,California?
Yes I do, why Pete? :D

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:02 am

I didn't realize you were from California. I think that makes you our 1st member from there...cool ;) . I have several of my friends in Ca.mostly South in LA, Hesperia and Santa Barbara but one is up North outside Los Gatos. Plus my daughter in law in from there too. They got married on the beach in Cayucos Lots of fun driving down from Frisco on the PCH at night. lol .
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:05 pm

New exhaust on the Beast! So much quieter now!

Changed the oil and gave it the once over. I need to replace my LED bar because it shorted out during a storm this summer.