The "mistress" Monte SS

Share your latest project information - pictures always help!
petegee77

Re: The "mistress" Monte SS

Post by petegee77 » Sat May 07, 2016 6:21 am

twomanymontes wrote:

LOL! Yeah, I remember. It's all about trial and error.

I'll never forget that eeery glow from the dash. That reminds me... Got to have you look at the LED blinkers. Only work with the lights on. It's due for inspection this month. Worse case we put the regular bulbs back in.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun May 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Just call the shop, I will pass it. But yeah, I'm trying to find info on why it does that so I can fix it properly.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue May 10, 2016 4:23 am

Thanks Dave, will do,
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu May 19, 2016 9:22 pm

Well, took a few minutes to mount the HID transformers today. Had to mount them to the inner fenders. I also changed over the side view mirror trim to white and changed the driver's door edge guard. I will get the car out this weekend and do the passenger side. I'm also hoping to get the radiator cross braces in. I've only had them for a year, LOL!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:39 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Well, took a few minutes to mount the HID transformers today. Had to mount them to the inner fenders. I also changed over the side view mirror trim to white and changed the driver's door edge guard. I will get the car out this weekend and do the passenger side. I'm also hoping to get the radiator cross braces in. I've only had them for a year, LOL!
Weather is shaping up to be decent for the weekend.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri May 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Yeah, I saw that! Making a scrap run in the morning, then home for yard work and get the pond cleaned. Hopefully, Sunday, quick run to the junkyard and then work on the cars.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:44 am

twomanymontes wrote:Yeah, I saw that! Making a scrap run in the morning, then home for yard work and get the pond cleaned. Hopefully, Sunday, quick run to the junkyard and then work on the cars.
By going to the Stanley show last Sunday the PT's ready except for a prewash before a show. The Monte was vacuumed out and is all set again except for a wash before an event. Even as I write this I'm thinking of little things I could do to both of them. There's never an end to it.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun May 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Yeah, I never got to touch the cars today. After the yard this morning, Matt and I went to the garage and cleaned up. Then spent a few hours working on car show display signs. They are almost done. Going to try again tomorrow after shooting.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Finally got the radiator crossbars in tonight!! scratched the hell out of my arms, but there was no way in hell I was pulling the radiator out. Tomorrow, after I set uo the gazebo for Mom, I'm planning on trying to get the car turned around so I can get some measurements for the trunk floor modification. Plus Friday night, I plan on grabbing a tool kit at Harbor Freight.

Hopefully everything will be ready to go for the Super cruise at Texas Roadhouse Next weekend.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:09 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Finally got the radiator crossbars in tonight!! scratched the hell out of my arms, but there was no way in hell I was pulling the radiator out. Tomorrow, after I set uo the gazebo for Mom, I'm planning on trying to get the car turned around so I can get some measurements for the trunk floor modification. Plus Friday night, I plan on grabbing a tool kit at Harbor Freight.

Hopefully everything will be ready to go for the Super cruise at Texas Roadhouse Next weekend.
Hey I've got the tool kit I bought from HF that I had in the Monte if you want that Dave. Brand new.
Texas Road House Super Cruise is this WEDS NITE , the 8TH.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:03 pm

Pete, I already picked on up, but thanks for the offer.

I spent most of last night cutting the foam and fitting the carpet. Hoping Saturday to fit the tool kit and detail the car for Sunday.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:38 am

twomanymontes wrote:Pete, I already picked on up, but thanks for the offer.

I spent most of last night cutting the foam and fitting the carpet. Hoping Saturday to fit the tool kit and detail the car for Sunday.
I'm anxious to see what you did with the tool kit. You've been talking about "hiding" it since September. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Well, I got the tool kit installed and the lid done. I still need to figure out a handle for the lid. And I'm not 100% satisfied with my idea just yet. I will figure it out later. But she's been vacuumed, cleaned inside and out sort of detailed the engine bay and finally waxed the entire car. Tomorrow I will do a final detail before the show.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:57 am

twomanymontes wrote:Well, I got the tool kit installed and the lid done. I still need to figure out a handle for the lid. And I'm not 100% satisfied with my idea just yet. I will figure it out later. But she's been vacuumed, cleaned inside and out sort of detailed the engine bay and finally waxed the entire car. Tomorrow I will do a final detail before the show.
Great Dave ! See you in a few hours.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 pm

Going to call tomorrow about the windshield. Hope I can get it resolved fast. I miss the car already! But I'm not planning on a show until we go to Summit in August anyways.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Just dropped the car off for the windshield. Pick it up tomorrow. Also noticed there is a ding in the trim molding. Matt's going to try and fix it.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:21 am

twomanymontes wrote:Just dropped the car off for the windshield. Pick it up tomorrow. Also noticed there is a ding in the trim molding. Matt's going to try and fix it.
Matt should fix it ! He did it ! lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:46 pm

LOL! Yeah, he will.

Picked it up, Looks great. The guy even saved my Super Chevy participant decals! But sadly, now I need to search for a new CHEVROLET banner for across the windshield. Driving it home tonight was odd, LOL!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:40 pm

twomanymontes wrote:LOL! Yeah, he will.

Picked it up, Looks great. The guy even saved my Super Chevy participant decals! But sadly, now I need to search for a new CHEVROLET banner for across the windshield. Driving it home tonight was odd, LOL!
Glad it's back and you're pleased with it. Cool that the dude saved the Super Chevy decals.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:50 pm

Yeah. Now I just need my kid to repaint the trim so it can go back on!