1970 Camaro

Show off your car and tell us what you love about it.
battmann
Site Admin

1970 Camaro

Post by battmann » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm

I bought this car early last month and figured I could get it running and flip it before winter. Good news is i did get it running and inspected, but my ebay auction ended tonight and it didn't sell. The bids didn't even get to what I purchased the car for let alone what I put into it to get it running again. My plans never work. The car is pretty nice, but needs some more attention. I put it on Buffalo and Rochester Craigslist and also on my 2nd gen camaro forum. Hopefully it sells otherwise I have a bunch of money tied up into this car until I can try to sell it again next spring.

twomanymontes

Re: 1970 Camaro

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:56 pm

That doesn't look to bad. But you just sold yours and now you bought another one? I'm surprised Lisa didn't kill you!

So what are you looking to get out of it?

Might I suggest power washing the engine bay, rattle canning black as much as you can. Also scuffing the underside and spraying it with bed liner. It will add a much cleaner look. A major detailing of that trunk, interior and anything else would help. Any parts missing?
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Yeah - I know it needs to get cleaned up more. I was hurrying to get it up for sale so getting it running was my main priority.
The car is missing a couple parts that are available aftermarket. I really thought it would be an easy car to sell but I guess right before winter might not be the best time. I explained the car pretty thoroughly in the craigslist ad:
http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/4725920941.html

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Nice write up. And I hope you can sell it quick, But your right, selling now is not the best time to sell a project car due to storage issues.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Couldn't agree more. This is not the optimal time to be selling but there are some people out there looking for a bargain. Good luck Clint.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:38 am

Looks like the high bidder on my auction will be purchasing this car in the next couple days. He's supposed to overnight payment Monday and the shipper will be here Wednesday. Guy lives in NC. I'm only going to make $200-$300 on this car but at least it's not a loss and I don't have to sit on the car until next spring.
What car related stuff can I do to make extra money that's not too expensive??

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:06 am

Well, that's good news! You didn't loose money.

At this point, I'd wait till after the holidays to buy anything. You will see old cars pop up around Late January and February. Guys need to sell for credit card payments from Christmas. Spend the early Spring months cleaning and prepping it, then sell it in May. Should be able to make a few bucks then. Buy low sell high!

Oh and remember, you can't sell more than 3 cars in a year without drawing attention to yourself. The state can say your a dealer and charge you taxes. You already brought attention by using Ebay. So waiting till after the 1st of the year is a good idea.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Well, that's good news! You didn't loose money.

At this point, I'd wait till after the holidays to buy anything. You will see old cars pop up around Late January and February. Guys need to sell for credit card payments from Christmas. Spend the early Spring months cleaning and prepping it, then sell it in May. Should be able to make a few bucks then. Buy low sell high!
Solid advice Dave. I used to do the same thing with guns. Once those credit card payments roll in after Christmas guys need the cash so with hunting season over the guns were all for sale. I'd at least double my money just by holding onto them and reselling them come September. Easy cash.
Nothing but Mopars Image

johnny533

Post by johnny533 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:42 pm

It looks superb! Were you able to sell this?

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Mon May 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Yes - I sold the car a few months after I bought it. I got it to flip & make money but it didn't work as well as I planned. Oh well.