The Annual Watkins Glen opening weekend

Club events and gatherings.
twomanymontes

The Annual Watkins Glen opening weekend

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 pm

The 6th Annual "Montes at the Glen"!!!

Sunday April 9th at Watkins Glen International.

Main meeting place is the Advance Auto Parts parking lot in Watkins Glen for 10am.

Everyone is welcome to join us. It costs $25 for 3 paced laps of the track. Proceeds go to Charity. Average speed is about 60 to 75 MPH, last year we hit some higher speeds, but it is still a lot of fun to get the cars out and shag them on the track. After the laps, we hang out at the track checking out cars, then it's off to the Burger King in town for lunch and everyone goes their own way after that.

Last year we had 29 cars and hope to beat that this year. So tell your friends to come an join us!

This is a rain or shine event. And we have done it both! It's early this year, it may even snow! LOL!

Meeting places with times from Buffalo, Rochester and Binghamton will be posted as they become available.
We hope to see you there!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Re: The Annual Watkins Glen opening weekend

Post by petegee77 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:56 am

I'd love to do it this year. Gotta figure which car to bring that would be best on the course.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Pete, I have a lot to do before then myself. New tires, brakes body work and a few upgrades I have been thinking of creating for the black car. Not to mention all the prep work to get Matt's car ready.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:53 am

twomanymontes wrote:Pete, I have a lot to do before then myself. New tires, brakes, body work and a few upgrades I have been thinking of creating for the black car.
Luckily a very good friend of mine, and a great guy, put new brakes all around on the PT last October. ;)
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:40 pm

petegee77 wrote:
twomanymontes wrote:Pete, I have a lot to do before then myself. New tires, brakes, body work and a few upgrades I have been thinking of creating for the black car.
Luckily a very good friend of mine, and a great guy, put new brakes all around on the PT last October. ;)
Gee, Maybe he could do mine???!!!!

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:50 pm

1 week to go!!!! This has really creped up fast this year!!!

We will be leaving the Pembroke rest stop at 7:30am next Sunday, then to Advance Auto Parts for 10am.

I'm almost ready with my car, and I still need to get Matt's car out. Not sure if he will take his if the weather is bad, but I still want to get it out and ready.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm out. You are SO right. It DID creep up on me. PT is still garaged and we're going to Ogdensburg with the Jeep on Friday morning to visit Laura, Matt and the grandkids.
Wish I were there with you but have a great time and be safe brother.
Nothing but Mopars Image

PontiacAndy

Post by PontiacAndy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:57 am

I don't think I'll make it this year. I've had the TA out of storage for almost 2 weeks and I haven't driven it at all. I want to put some miles on it before a 300 mile trip.
Have fun guys!

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 pm

I can't make it either. We got kid stuff going on this weekend.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:39 pm

We had a great time today! Small turnout, but the weather couldn't have been better! Matt's car performed perfectly, but has a starter issue that I need to work on tomorrow. Mine was fast and handled great! Just a little tire rub on hard right turns that has me a bit worried.

So it's back to reality and I need to make some money to pay for these upgrades, LOL!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:49 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:39 pm
We had a great time today! Small turnout, but the weather couldn't have been better! Matt's car performed perfectly, but has a starter issue that I need to work on tomorrow. Mine was fast and handled great! Just a little tire rub on hard right turns that has me a bit worried.

So it's back to reality and I need to make some money to pay for these upgrades, LOL!
Glad you made it back safely and had a good time. We were thinking of you as we headed out Friday in the rain/snow mix. Sunday was gorgeous so I was glad for you. Unfortunately we were stuck in the car for 5 hours. :(
Nothing but Mopars Image