5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Club events and gatherings.
User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Were doing it again! Starting off the car season in style!

Opening Weekend at Watkins Glen!


Sunday April 17th

1st Meeting at the gas station just off Exit 42 for 9am

2nd Meeting at the Advance Auto Parts parking lot for 9:45

Then off to the Glen.

Afterwards we will be meeting at the Burger King for Lunch and the awards from the Go Cart Series.

Last year we had 18 cars, hoping to make it Even a larger group this year! Got Friends that might be interested? Bring them along!!!

We will need a car count a week before so Tim can call in and Reserve track time.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:02 pm

We're planning a trip to Vegas this spring. I'll have to make sure it's not this weekend.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by battmann » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:20 pm

April seems far away but I know it'll be here before we know it.

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:21 am

I know! It seems like it's winter, then we start getting some warmer days and BAM! its car show season! I was planning my schedule for the next few months so I can go to PA to hang out with some friends and realized, with Easter in March, That month is pretty much shot for anything. And We usually do a junkyard run in March, so that's out, unless we have a really warm weekend and I can sneak away for a few hours at a last minute thing.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:55 pm

battmann wrote:April seems far away but I know it'll be here before we know it.
It will.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:56 pm

twomanymontes wrote:I know! It seems like it's winter, then we start getting some warmer days and BAM! its car show season! I was planning my schedule for the next few months so I can go to PA to hang out with some friends and realized, with Easter in March, That month is pretty much shot for anything. And We usually do a junkyard run in March, so that's out, unless we have a really warm weekend and I can sneak away for a few hours at a last minute thing.
Suppose to be in the mid to upper 30's this coming week Dave.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:15 pm

I hope so. I'd liek to get somethings done besides shoveling
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:22 pm

twomanymontes wrote:I hope so. I'd liek to get somethings done besides shoveling
Heard tonite that it's suppose to be in the 40's next weekend. Just what I need since I need to "shovel" out the Jeep before I trade it in. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by battmann » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:47 am

There's a winter storm warning for tomorrow. Supposed to get like 8-12" in one day.

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:33 pm

battmann wrote:There's a winter storm warning for tomorrow. Supposed to get like 8-12" in one day.
Same crappy forecast here. At least it's not snowing here yet.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Well, we got the snow! And I did the shoveling. But I got lucky, My uncle actually did my gram's house before I got out of work and Diana came home early and did our driveway.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Well, we got the snow! And I did the shoveling. But I got lucky, My uncle actually did my gram's house before I got out of work and Diana came home early and did our driveway.
Had to run the snowblower when I got home. Man it was heavy buy 4:30 since it condensed with the warmer temp.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by battmann » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:09 am

I stayed home from work yesterday. Didn't want to deal with driving through the mess. Woke up to at least 8". Snowblowed/shoveled four times. Probably got 15-18" total. It definitely got heavier & wetter as the day went on.

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Good thing you did Clint. Tim spent 3 and a half hours stuck on the 490 yesterday. I guess you guys got hit worse than us.

Went this morning to clean up Mom and Gram's. By the time I got out of work it looked like I was never there!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:34 pm

battmann wrote:I stayed home from work yesterday. Didn't want to deal with driving through the mess. Woke up to at least 8". Snowblowed/shoveled four times. Probably got 15-18" total. It definitely got heavier & wetter as the day went on.
News said that you guys got hit the hardest.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:36 pm

twomanymontes wrote: Tim spent 3 and a half hours stuck on the 490 yesterday.
That's the bad thing about expressways....no side streets to dart off to.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:44 pm

One Month to go!! And I haven't even started on Matt's car! LOL!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:33 pm

twomanymontes wrote:One Month to go!! And I haven't even started on Matt's car! LOL!
Well get crackin brother ! lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:32 pm

It's this Sunday!!! And looks like were going to have a pretty big group this year too!

Got Matt's car almost ready, just need to recheck his fluids and reset his tire monitor. He will wash it Saturday

My car is getting the wheels swapped tomorrow after work, recheck the fluids and wash it Saturday as well.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: 5th Annual Montes at the Glen!

Post by petegee77 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:37 pm

twomanymontes wrote:It's this Sunday!!! And looks like were going to have a pretty big group this year too!

Got Matt's car almost ready, just need to recheck his fluids and reset his tire monitor. He will wash it Saturday

My car is getting the wheels swapped tomorrow after work, recheck the fluids and wash it Saturday as well.
I'm out but it sounds like you'll have a great day weather wise.
Nothing but Mopars Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests