Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the site - please introduce yourself and post some pictures of your ride(s).
Bloodhound1958

Hello Everyone!

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:24 am

Hello Everyone!

My name is Wayne and I am in the southtowns. Glad to be here. I am the founder and current Administrator of the Christine Car Club. I've been on the lookout for a reputable and respected local club with similar interests for a possible partnership here in WNY. I'm interested to learn more about your organization, it's mission statement, goals and history. I feel priviledged to be here and look forward to seeing your rides! :) I have a 1958 Plymouth Fury "Christine Clone" which I hope to finish by summer of 2013.

Regards,
Wayne D
Last edited by Bloodhound1958 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No shitter ever came between me and Christine"....Arnold Cunningham

twomanymontes

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by twomanymontes » Thu May 31, 2012 9:49 pm

Welcome aboard Wayne! Nice looking Fury project you have. great Movie and well worth cloning!
Where abouts in the south towns? Most of us are located in the Buffalo and Rochester areas. But we do get around as much as we can
As for the club, basically just a bunch of car guys who get together occaisionally and look to have fun.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 am

I'm in the orchard park area. Great club name and Logo BTW! How often does the club get together? Who founded the club? Is this a chapter or the original cc? It's nice seeing a small group of local enthusiasts in a club setting. I've been looking around WNY for a club to get affiliated with for quite some time. Seems like a relaxed laid back group here. That's a nice change from the hustle and bustle of a Global club like the CCC.

Glad you like the Fury project. :) That movie is what got me into cars as a teenager and the rest is history as they say. Here's more info on the progress... http://www.christinecarclubforum.com/t9 ... estoration

Looking forward to meeting the club.

Regards,
Wayne D.

A**holeDriver#1

Post by A**holeDriver#1 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Welcome, this is the second version of the club forums, so we lost a lot of our inactive members, but with an increase in free time, im sure that we will be recruiting more in the future.

Glad to meet a new member, im actually from West Seneca, but I frequent cruises from the falls to Dunkirk if im in the mood.

I hope to perhaps meet you sometime soon.
Enjoy the season.
Bouncin' Off Guardrails Nationwide

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Wayne, The Logo credit goes to Clint [Battman] He designed it, The Club name was just something that kind of fell upon us at a cruise one night and it kind of just stuck.

Get togethers are here and there, We try to hit the car shows during the summer and then in the winter we try to meet up for dinner or some of the indoor shows. Look in the Shows and Cruises sections for posts on where we'll be. And yeah, we are laid back, we all work hard all day and really just want a place to hang out.

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 am

Thank you for the warm welcome. I feel your pain regarding your second go around with the forum. We also lost our last forum at http://ccc.informe.com/forum/
but I was fortunate enough to get it back up as an archive as to not lose our long proud history. I've built our newest forum with dependability being the top priority and hope to put an end to starting over. Regardless, when a club is small and the brotherhood grows it's roots it makes for the best of times and memories.

I'm no different than you all in that I am a working class family man who loves cars. When your lucky enough to find a true brotherhood with that common interest at it's core there's nothing than can stop you acheive your goals. Pulling into a cruise night in your ride is one thing, but climbing out of your ride wearing your colors makes a statement not soon forgotten.I would be happy to help you meet your goals and grow the club. I have been doing just that for 8 years and would be happy to lend a helping hand. I'm also an expert in all versions of phpbb having built 3 forums to date so feel free to let me know if I can be of any assistance.

As for becoming a member I would be gratefull for the opportunity to become a pledge provided you don't see a conflict with my being the Leader of the CCC.

Kudos to Clint on the Logo BTW!

Regards,
Wayne

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:28 am

Hello Wayne and welcome aboard!
Nice fury project you got. The car actually looks pretty cool as it sits all patina'ed up. Looking forward to seeing the progress.
The guys above gave you a little background about us. We're basically a small group of friends who all like cars and therefore haven't really actively recruited members. If people see our group at a show or cruise and inquire about the club we give them the background info and hopefully they'll join. We're not in your face about it or hand out fliers or anything.
I'm actually in Rochester but I try to make it to some Buffalo shows and get togethers when I can. The guys also try to hit up a few shows each year out in my area too. I put this new second we site forum together maybe 2 years ago now. I'm not a trained computer guy so I did my best. Maybe I can bounce some things off you at some point. I always like learning new stuff.
So welcome again and I look forward to meeting you soon.

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Feel free to get ahold of me concerning your forum anytime Clint. I'll be sure and try and make the next gathering. I'd like to join the club if I may. All of the MCCC is welcome to join our group as well. I'd be happy to give you all MCCC "patches" on the CCC forum if you do. http://www.christinecarclubforum.com/

Wayne
Last edited by Bloodhound1958 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote: I'd like to join the club if I may.
Wayne

Your already a member! And We'll be trying to get a group get togethers over the next few months. There are a few Shows this month, Street Machines of Rochester show on the 10th, GM powertrain show on the 16th, and Niagara Swap Meet on the 24th. Please Join us

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm honored. I look forward to meeting you all. Is it too early to ask about a club tee????? :oops: :lol:

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:43 am

Welcome Wayne ! Glad to see another Mopar member. If you're looking for a laid back group of guys to hang with you've chosen the right bunch for sure. I think you've got a great project there with "Christine". Great car and a great movie. Can't wait to see it when it's complete.
Looking forward to hooking up now that "Show season" has started. Again welcome !
Nothing but Mopars Image