Back & Here To Stay

Welcome to the site - please introduce yourself and post some pictures of your ride(s).
Bloodhound1958

Back & Here To Stay

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

I hope all is good and everyone is doing well. I haven't forgotten my club and brothers here. Sadly, an unforseen and shocking surprise came my way this past February and I was forced to put a stop on everything FUN. A steady decline of business at the machine put me out of work and I was forced to do some serious soul searching and decide on an immediate career move. I could have rode out the summer on unemployment but that would have put an undue hardship on my family so that was a no go. I've managed to get very lucky and the good Lord has put me in a position with a great company where I can use my 22 Years of financial counceling to good use. Making a ton more money as well so things are looking up. Still, it was tough making the adjustment and the training was more than a month long. I've finally leveled off and things are getting back to normal. With that being said I missed being here more than you know.

I never heard back from Andy at Show & Cruise News on our Add so that's going to be the best place for me to start I think! :roll: Duh!

So sorry if I let anyone down. I'm curious to know what's changed and what the club has in the works? Any plans for a get together or club meeting? I want to make good on my promise to help the club grow and make it's presence known throughout WNY. I can't do that without the help of the core members and leaders of this great club. The disastrous failure of the club merger still weighs heavy on me. They gave me zero cooperation or help. If I hadn't been contacted by my then exited forum provider I would have never known that they had split up and that we were doomed with their worse half. I've missed you guys these past few months and I'm excited to be a part of the club as ever! I managed to migrate the CCC forum back to the best forum provider there is and still want a shot at building us a newer secondary forum if there is any interest. That and a facebook page are the way to go along with a focus on recruiting even if we hand pick new members. Totally up to you guys! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this! :)

Long Live The MCCC! :)
Wayne
"No shitter ever came between me and Christine"....Arnold Cunningham

twomanymontes

Re: Back & Here To Stay

Post by twomanymontes » Tue May 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Welcome Back Wayne. Any updates on Christine??
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Howdy Dave!

Christine is moving along. Not as fast as I'd like it to but I've made significant progress. I hope to have the dash installed in the next 2 weeks. From there I'll be wrapping things up under the hood so I can fire her up. I could still use a hand when the time comes if your feeling up to it! :)

95gts

Post by 95gts » Thu May 28, 2015 3:13 pm

I just waiting for all this growth from the experts :lol: . Reminds me of the monte python skit of Its time to take action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawagQ6lLrA

glad everything working out for you. I was unemployed once 25 years ago, it a stressful situation especially when you have a family. Best thing that ever happen is when I was released at my other job, at the time I didnt know what a blessing It would be. I wish you continued sussess.

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks for the well wishes! I love Monty Python! Hilarious!!!! :lol: Pretty on point to. :D All the talking and discussion in the world won't accomplish it. Only action get's the job done! :)

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu May 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Wayne as long as you give me a few weeks notice so I don't plan any side jobs, I will help out anyway I can

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 am

hey wayne. sorry to hear about your job loss, but it sounds like you landed on your feet pretty quick. my sister just got laid off from her job that she had for the past 13 years. the company is moving to Honduras. her and her boyfriend both worked there so i'm hoping they find new jobs soon.
the club hasn't really changed since you were on here last. it's still the same main group. summer is here though so we're actually trying to attend some events now. i know it's hard for me to recruit members since i can't attend cruises / shows as much as i used to. i have a bunch of friends with cruisers, but for some reason can't get them to join another forum. i don't have (or want) Facebook so this forum is convenient way for me to keep in touch with my friends back in Buffalo.
keep checking the threads for upcoming shows / events and hopefully we can all meet up again soon to catch up. i still have the Christine diecast for you. it's sitting right here next to my computer.

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:04 am

Thanks Dave! Most appreciated. I'll be sure and give you plenty of notice. Good to hear from you as well Clint. Sorry to hear about your sister and her husband. It's a shame that their company is moving out of the country. I wish them the best and hope they can find suitable positions without too much trouble. How's Pete these days?

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote: How's Pete these days?
I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
Nothing but Mopars Image

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Good to hear Pete. :)

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Been awhile since I've been able to log in. Almost have a year under my belt at the new job and I'm happy to report things have finally leveled off for me. I spoke to Andy recently and brought up our desire to get a respectable add in the show and cruise news. I managed to put him and a friend of mine from the CCC together to bring his Christine and a friends Batmobile to the Cavalcade this year. As it stands we can't go far with $60.00 and I really want to go big hence my holding out for the best deal possible. I'm in a position to put in $100.00 towards the add now that the holidays are over so I'll be finalizing something this week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Clint, please email me a vector or high quality image of the club logo asap!

Thanks! :)

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:18 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Been awhile since I've been able to log in. Almost have a year under my belt at the new job and I'm happy to report things have finally leveled off for me. I spoke to Andy recently and brought up our desire to get a respectable add in the show and cruise news. I managed to put him and a friend of mine from the CCC together to bring his Christine and a friends Batmobile to the Cavalcade this year. As it stands we can't go far with $60.00 and I really want to go big hence my holding out for the best deal possible. I'm in a position to put in $100.00 towards the add now that the holidays are over so I'll be finalizing something this week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Clint, please email me a vector or high quality image of the club logo asap!

Thanks! :)
Hi Wayne. Glad to see that you're back. Please talk to Clint. We were discussing at the club dinner tonite perhaps just going with a business card size ad and run it for a few months rather than a huge ad.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Funny that you should pop on tonight Wayne. We were talking about members we haven't seen in a while, LOL!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:23 am

twomanymontes wrote:Funny that you should pop on tonight Wayne. We were talking about members we haven't seen in a while, LOL!
I think the restaurant was bugged. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:14 am

Ok Pete will do. I wish I had logged in a few days ago and caught the get together. Would have been nice to see you guys again. Been a crazy couple of months. My wife lost her dad just before the holidays and it's been rough. Then her grandmother passed away just 2 weeks ago. Between that and kids, job etc well you know the rest.

I'll be sure and touch base with Clint.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:Ok Pete will do. I wish I had logged in a few days ago and caught the get together. Would have been nice to see you guys again. Been a crazy couple of months. My wife lost her dad just before the holidays and it's been rough. Then her grandmother passed away just 2 weeks ago. Between that and kids, job etc well you know the rest.

I'll be sure and touch base with Clint.
Sounds good. Sorry for your loss. Ro lost her mom just before the holidays so I know what you're going thru.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Wayne - I'll email you the image file tonight or tomorrow.

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:34 pm

Image Received Clint! Thank You. :)

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:Image Received Clint! Thank You. :)
Any news to report on this Wayne ? During your absence we discussed , in another thread, getting an ad in by March .
Nothing but Mopars Image

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Hey Pete,

I'm going to talk to Andy again at the Cavalcade. I'm hoping to get a GREAT deal. I'd like something we can be really proud of. I'll keep you posted. :)