Back & Here To Stay

Welcome to the site - please introduce yourself and post some pictures of your ride(s).
petegee77

Re: Back & Here To Stay

Post by petegee77 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:26 am

Bloodhound1958 wrote:Hey Pete,

I'm going to talk to Andy again at the Cavalcade. I'm hoping to get a GREAT deal. I'd like something we can be really proud of. I'll keep you posted. :)
Talked to another club member last nite (Wild Bill) . He was told that they were going to discontinue the paper edition.
Nothing but Mopars Image

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm

I wonder if that's why I was getting the run around. News to me... What's their plan Pete? Online Advert with website only?
"No shitter ever came between me and Christine"....Arnold Cunningham

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:27 am

Bloodhound1958 wrote:I wonder if that's why I was getting the run around. News to me... What's their plan Pete? Online Advert with website only?
I don't think that's why you were getting the run around at that time. Can't explain that. I called them this fall and got some decent quotes for all size ads. Posted them in another forum. I have zero knowledge as to what their plans are. All I know is that Wild Bill ,who gets the paper edition, was notified that they are discontinuing it.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:27 am

Wayne , Did you get any details from "Andy" at the car show about Show and Cruise News?
Nothing but Mopars Image

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm ironing out the final details now. He was very busy during the show and asked me to email him. I'm waiting for his response.. :)

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:47 pm

Anxious to hear what happens.
Nothing but Mopars Image

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:06 pm

This Just in.. Let me know what you guys want to do. :)

"Wayne, it was nice seeing you at the show. The march issue of Show and Cruise News was the last printed issue, from now on we are on line only. This is working out better for advertisers as they get greater exposure and readers can click on their ad if they have a web site or a facebook page and it will link to it.

If you want to run an ad, for a Quarter page it is now $75.00 for 3 months. Send me a full page flyer and we can condense it or send it Quarter page size. All commercial ads have a 3 month minimum.

Let me know ASAP. Thanks again.
"

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:47 pm

It's up to you guys. I think it's a good idea. I'd like to see the website first.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:00 pm

You guys have any ideas on how to make the website look better before running the ad?

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:00 pm

twomanymontes wrote:It's up to you guys. I think it's a good idea. I'd like to see the website first.
Sounds OK .
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:00 pm

battmann wrote:You guys have any ideas on how to make the website look better before running the ad?
Not my forte Clint.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:42 pm

I'm not sure Clint, The frame looks great, the logo and SEMA SAN logo are there. We lost the visit counter sometime ago, but that's not an issue.

Maybe we should change the Summit racing part and start replacing it with the next event? Like this month would be the Motorama, next month, The Watkins Glen drive around, May? June, The GM nationals And so forth

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:59 am

That's not a bad idea. I'll just need to know what our main event is for each month to switch it regularly.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:27 pm

twomanymontes wrote:I'm not sure Clint, The frame looks great, the logo and SEMA SAN logo are there. We lost the visit counter sometime ago, but that's not an issue.

Maybe we should change the Summit racing part and start replacing it with the next event? Like this month would be the Motorama, next month, The Watkins Glen drive around, May? June, The GM nationals And so forth
Excellent idea Dave.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:48 pm

battmann wrote:That's not a bad idea. I'll just need to know what our main event is for each month to switch it regularly.
As soon as I know what the car show schedule is I will make threads. I usually start them off a month before hand so that should be able to give you some time to change it. Hopefully others will do the same as well.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:01 am

twomanymontes wrote:
battmann wrote:That's not a bad idea. I'll just need to know what our main event is for each month to switch it regularly.
As soon as I know what the car show schedule is I will make threads. I usually start them off a month before hand so that should be able to give you some time to change it. Hopefully others will do the same as well.
Don's giving me a copy of the car show schedule he picked up last week at the Cavalcade of Cars if that will help.
Nothing but Mopars Image

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Just my humble opinion here guys... I would not focus on promoting the website. I think we should focus on bringing visitors and members straight here to the forum.

My main CCC website get's a ton of traffic. I am able to track where visitors come from, how they got to the site, the pages they visit and where they go from there. Less thank 20% make their way to the forum from the main page. Regardless, I'm good with whatever you want to do. :)

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Wayne, the front page is the first thing people will see, so it should be hyped a bit. The forum isn't really going to change much, Just my opinion

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:23 am

twomanymontes wrote:Wayne, the front page is the first thing people will see, so it should be hyped a bit. The forum isn't really going to change much, Just my opinion
That makes sense Dave. If the wrappings messed up you're less likely to open the package.
Nothing but Mopars Image

Bloodhound1958

Post by Bloodhound1958 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:21 am

Sounds good guys. Clint, if you can put together a "flyer" we can send Andy the image and he'll shrink it down to 1/4 page size. I'd say something catchy with the club logo and forum URL will work nicely. :)

Unfortunately I don't have any programs like photoshop and alike.