The on and on thread

All topics non-car related.
petegee77

Re: The on and on thread

Post by petegee77 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:26 pm

I wish Sonoma wasn't so far away. Right now I'm wearing my Jim Clark Indy 1965 shirt I got at the Glen. I love it.
Last edited by petegee77 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Had a decent weekend, Helped Matt with his side job, then worked on one of my own. Swapped the starter in Matthews Monte, then got the Olds running again.

Then stopped at Mom's this morning to take the garbage out. Sadly, I now have huge job to tackle!

One very large branch came down in the windstorm yesterday and took out the gazebo and is laying against Mom's house. She called he Home Owner's Insurance and they will be coming out over the next few days. In the meantime, since I'm the only one in the family with intelligence and no fear, Apparently I get the honors of taking it down.

So starting tomorrow, I will be busy!!!!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:10 pm

Busy weekend!
Started Friday after work by picking up a truck for a side job for Matt and me to work on, then swung by his work to help him finish up Clint's van. Back to the garage to work on the truck. Saturday, finished what I had to do to the truck, the home to swap out the wheels on Matt's Monte. Pulled the 86 out and added Stabil to both cars and prepped them for storage. Went and brought the boat home from Mom's. Did some work around the house before calling it a day. This morning went to mass formy Dad, helped Mat finish the side job and delivered it. Cleaned up the garage a bit and now taking a quick break before going outa cleaning the 86 and covering it up for the winter.

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:32 pm

I’m way behind on getting ready for winter. I haven’t mowed my lawn in forever because it’s always wet and now it gets dark at 5:30. Ugh
I also wanted to get my parts car Trans Am out of the garage so I can park the Recaro Trans Am inside. It’s just too nice to leave outside over the winter. I did manage to work on the Recaro a few weeks ago. I cleaned the whole car trying to get the mouse smell out last year. I noticed when the defroster was on it still smelled so figured something must have gotten inside the heater box. I cleaned everything but inside that box last year. So I took the dash apart enough to access the heater box and sure enough it was packed with a mouse nest and one mummified mouse. It smelled god awful! Cleaned it out as best I could. Also sprayed it down good with this car urine eliminator stuff I got. Have driven the car yet to check everything but feel good that the interior is 100% mouse free now.
Oh I also removed the Recaro seats to use in my TA and installed the other set of seats I had. The seats are in awesome shape and were the right color to match the interior so they look good.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 am

There's NEVER enough time Dave and Clint. I've been waiting weeks to mow my lawn too. It's on the list again for tomorrow.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Just got back from PA, my lawn looks like a jungle. Not to mention the boat and Matt's trailer sinking into the lawn. Tomorrow I have a training class, hopefully Tuesday I can swap the tires on the jeep and the Monte, Wednesday I need to start replacing the rack and pinion in Jacks car.

Never enough time

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Well, after 3 weeks of not having any internet due to my router frying. The guys from Verizon finally came and they installed Fios. Can't say Its any faster than the DSL.

But at least it is nice to be back on my laptop rather than my phone. Yeah, I know I'm old school, but hey! I do what I can!

Going to be a busy week. Tonight was shooting, tomorrow, I have to get Diana's Jeep ready for winter. Need to swap the tires and figure out how to get more heat for her. Wednesday, The Olds gets cleaned and I have to install Matt's new Tonneu Cover on his truck. Thursday, Drop the Olds off at Mom's, clean out her garage so it will fit. Then back to the Garage to get started on Jack's car and Pete's PT Cruiser, Friday, finish things up. Saturday, Finish Pete's car and another side job. Sunday heading to the toy and train show then home to watch the final NASCAR race of the year.

Then it's back to work on Monday!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:01 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 pm
Well, after 3 weeks of not having any internet due to my router frying. The guys from Verizon finally came and they installed Fios. Can't say Its any faster than the DSL.

But at least it is nice to be back on my laptop rather than my phone. Yeah, I know I'm old school, but hey! I do what I can!

Going to be a busy week. Tonight was shooting, tomorrow, I have to get Diana's Jeep ready for winter. Need to swap the tires and figure out how to get more heat for her. Wednesday, The Olds gets cleaned and I have to install Matt's new Tonneu Cover on his truck. Thursday, Drop the Olds off at Mom's, clean out her garage so it will fit. Then back to the Garage to get started on Jack's car and Pete's PT Cruiser, Friday, finish things up. Saturday, Finish Pete's car and another side job. Sunday heading to the toy and train show then home to watch the final NASCAR race of the year.

Then it's back to work on Monday!
Did you have Fios before or did you just get it ? Ro and I were one of the 1st to get Fios here in Kenmore and I really like it. We have our original router so we have 25/25 as far as speed. Our computer is 9 years old but were happy with the speed for now. A new router which would give us 60/60 will have to wait till this desk top dies.
See you Thursday.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Just got it Pete, They haven't even buried the cable yet. It's still just draped across my back yard.

We had DSL for the last 14 years, so this is totally new to me. This is the first time we have had to use a password to access the internet, LOL!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:37 am

I hope you don't need a password every time you want to use it. Our "password" is in the router memory banks. All I do is click on the browser icon and we're in. Hope you love it as much as i do mine.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Happy belated thanksgiving everybody.
I really enjoyed not working for 4 days. I gotta figure out how I can retire early.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Win the lottery !
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:48 pm

Yeah Pete, I have the password stored on the computers. Haven't had the time to mess with my desktop, but I will.

Clint, Yeah, I wish I could have had 4 days off! I started Thanksgiving day off by cleaning the fish tanks, digging out and hanging the Christmas lights, then cleaned the gutters and raked leaves. Then after dinner, dug out the rest of the Christmas stuff. Friday went to work, then after dinner cleaned up at the garage. Saturday knocked out 2 side jobs and fixed my car, Sunday raced our Power Wheels till they blew up and then came home to clean up and bag the old roofing shingles. Then it was back t work this morning. It's a never ending cycle!!

Pete, Not sure if winning the lottery is the answer, but I'm willing to give it a try