Labor Day weekend

All topics non-car related.
Post Reply
User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Labor Day weekend

Post by petegee77 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. I was going to the Vets show at Niawanda Park on Saturday till I found out it's on SUNDAY which Ro has already booked for me. So without the show it will be a less hectic weekend. Hanging around the pool and trying to see if I can get my tennis game back with the one eye. Depth perception is waaaay off.
Speaking of shows is anyone doing Olcott Beach? Dave ?
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by battmann » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Nothing really planned here. Just trying to catch up on house chores. I also want to get my garage organized so I can get rid of stuff I don't need on ebay. Trying to de-clutter my life so I don't feel so overwhelmed all the time.

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:32 pm

I will be at car shows at Olcott tomorrow, Niawanda Sunday and then if I'm up to it, I might go to the show at St. Gregs on Monday.

Might get a little bit of time to fire up the grill and cook some dogs, But mostly I will be here watching the rest of the Simpsons Marathon!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

thedukejag
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Cheektowaga New York

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by thedukejag » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:06 pm

WE had 30 people over for a picnic today.Not sure what's doing the rest of the weekend.Have a safe weekend everyone.
Rick

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:11 pm

For the first time in the 15 or so years of going to Olcott, I was disappointed in the show.

The drive down was great! We made great time and had no issues, met up with Tim, Frank and Matt and then headed to the show. But there was no excitement there. Pretty much seen 85% of the cars there before and the other 15% were just not that interesting. Of course none of us won an award, it was nice to get guys together.

I took some pics before mu camera battery went dead. I will post them later.

Tomorrow it's the VVA Car show!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by petegee77 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:56 pm

twomanymontes wrote:For the first time in the 15 or so years of going to Olcott, I was disappointed in the show.

The drive down was great! We made great time and had no issues, met up with Tim, Frank and Matt and then headed to the show. But there was no excitement there. Pretty much seen 85% of the cars there before and the other 15% were just not that interesting. Of course none of us won an award, it was nice to get guys together.

I took some pics before mu camera battery went dead. I will post them later.

Tomorrow it's the VVA Car show!
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. At least the weather was decent as the rain held off.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Yeah, Todays show was better, But again, I have seen most of the cars again. Maybe I just need to stay away from Buffalo shows.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking about hitting the St. Gregs car show, But I'm so beat, I'm not sure if I will make it
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by petegee77 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:44 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Yeah, Todays show was better, But again, I have seen most of the cars again. Maybe I just need to stay away from Buffalo shows.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking about hitting the St. Gregs car show, But I'm so beat, I'm not sure if I will make it
Let's not forget Hilton. ;)
Nothing but Mopars Image

thedukejag
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Cheektowaga New York

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by thedukejag » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:28 pm

It was a hot one today.Wife and I went to the St Gregory car show today by Millard Suburban hospital.Easily over 300 real nice cars.We had to leave a little after noon as the wife wasn't handling the heat to well . Her health a little more important than a possible trophy.Hope everybody had a great holiday weekend.
Rick

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by petegee77 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:44 pm

thedukejag wrote:It was a hot one today.Wife and I went to the St Gregory car show today by Millard Suburban hospital.Easily over 300 real nice cars.We had to leave a little after noon as the wife wasn't handling the heat to well . Her health a little more important than a possible trophy.Hope everybody had a great holiday weekend.
Thanks for the update on the St. Greg's show. I was wondering what kind of numbers they would generate given that it was it's 1st year and there were so many other shows this weekend. Hope the wife is feeling better.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Rick, glad to hear they had good turn out. Really hope your wife is feeling better! The heat was pretty bad yesterday. And your right, family is always more important that car shows.

Pete, This is considered their first Annual, But they have had car shows there in the past. Never had the chance to attend any of them.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Labor Day weekend

Post by petegee77 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:09 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Pete, This is considered their first Annual, But they have had car shows there in the past. Never had the chance to attend any of them.
Thanks Dave
Nothing but Mopars Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests