The season is over. Off season begins!

All topics non-car related.
twomanymontes

The season is over. Off season begins!

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Well, you know it's over when this happens

Just wanted to say, this year was a lot of fun. A few awards, Good Friends and lots of laughs. That's what this hobby is all about.

That being said, what is everyone's plans for off season upgrades?

Me personally, I have to work on my new air filter housing, hope to order and install some suspension parts for the 86 SS. The 01 should get a few ABS issues taken care of, Maybe have Matt fix some rust on the rear quarter panels and maybe get the ground effects fixed and painted. And the truck. well, I guess replacing the broken fog lamps and possibly installing some flush mount LED reverse lights in the roll pan.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Re: The season is over. Off season begins!

Post by petegee77 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 am

I'm planning on updating the lighting on the PT. LED's for the turn signals ( I believe we now have the correct bulbs after a failed 1st attempt) and HID headlights. I was seriously thinking of white neon ground effect lights, as Matt and Dave suggested ,but because the of the extra amp draw and the temperamental state of the computer in the PT I'm having 2nd thoughts. Still think the neons would REALLY be cool so I'm not discounting them just yet.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Pete, I think We can come up with something to make the neon work

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:53 pm

my winter plans are to get this camaro out of here and then focus on the trans am. the high bidder from the ebay auction i had contacted me and might buy the car outside of ebay. that would be sweet. i'd be happy just to get my money back at this point. i had delusions of grandeur about making quick money. i got to find cheaper things to turn quick bucks. having all my money tied up in one thing really sucks.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 am

twomanymontes wrote:Pete, I think We can come up with something to make the neon work
Went to the Zone and got the new LED turn signals. Says right on the package ..... No Error Messages / CAN Bus LED , so I think they'll work just fine.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:24 am

battmann wrote:my winter plans are to get this camaro out of here and then focus on the trans am. the high bidder from the ebay auction i had contacted me and might buy the car outside of ebay. that would be sweet. i'd be happy just to get my money back at this point. i had delusions of grandeur about making quick money. i got to find cheaper things to turn quick bucks. having all my money tied up in one thing really sucks.
That's great news Clint. Hope it goes down well. Tough time of year to sell anything like that.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:35 pm

petegee77 wrote:
twomanymontes wrote:Pete, I think We can come up with something to make the neon work
Went to the Zone and got the new LED turn signals. Says right on the package ..... No Error Messages / CAN Bus LED , so I think they'll work just fine.
Awesome!!! We will hook up and I will pop them in.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:42 pm

battmann wrote:my winter plans are to get this camaro out of here and then focus on the trans am. the high bidder from the ebay auction i had contacted me and might buy the car outside of ebay. that would be sweet. i'd be happy just to get my money back at this point. i had delusions of grandeur about making quick money. i got to find cheaper things to turn quick bucks. having all my money tied up in one thing really sucks.

I hope the sale goes through. It would be great if you made a little extra cash on the deal. And yeah, having all your cash tied up in one project sucks!!!

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:25 pm

I just looked at what I wrote for my winter plans and laughed. So far, I did work on the air cleaner for the 86 SS and got some of the suspension parts, Plus bought new shocks. Sadly, the sway bar is buried in the shed and I can't access it to clean and paint it. The 01 SS hasn't even been started in a Month much less worked on, and the truck has just been over worked all winter to get any time to do anything.

Anyone else get something accomplished?

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:30 pm

You guys are making progress on my TA. LOL.
I appreciate that.
All I've done is look for deals on parts. I'm doing alright so far. I really need to start selling all the extra junk I got laying around but I just never have the time to get it all out, take pics, write the ad and then deal with shipping.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:15 pm

twomanymontes wrote: Anyone else get something accomplished?
Absolutely ! Ro needed an additional item to get free shipping on her Amazon " stuff" so I ordered a K & N air filter for the PT as Matt suggested. How's THAT for an accomplishment ! lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:17 pm

battmann wrote: I really need to start selling all the extra junk I got laying around but I just never have the time to get it all out, take pics, write the ad and then deal with shipping.
MAKE the time brother. Soon the weather will turn warmer and you'll REALLY have no time to do it. I'm in the same boat. Get er done !
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:25 am

Cool! At least things are moving in the right direction for everyone. I'm actually thinking about taking a week off and getting everything caught up next month.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:49 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Cool! At least things are moving in the right direction for everyone. I'm actually thinking about taking a week off and getting everything caught up next month.
Been thinking along the same lines Dave except I might just take a couple of 1/2 days. I had to use a lot of my time when they closed the plant for 2 1/2 days for the snow. Only get 0.8 hours a week towards vacation.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat May 02, 2015 8:07 pm

The weather was great lately!! Managed to get some work done on the truck, plus resealed Matt's transmission and fixed a oil leak on the 01SS. Today I cut the entire lawn and cleaned up some of the mess from this winter. Tomorrow, After I help Pete with the lights on the PT, I WILL get the 86 out into the sunlight!!!

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sat May 02, 2015 8:53 pm

so jealous of you guys!! i'm trying not to think about cars, but lately everyone's getting them out of hibernation. UGH!

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun May 03, 2015 5:23 pm

battmann wrote:so jealous of you guys!! i'm trying not to think about cars, but lately everyone's getting them out of hibernation. UGH!
Well, We got yours out of hibernation before I did! LOL!

Today was a day of ups and downs. Got the shop cleaned out, Pete's headlights and Turn signals done, Matt painted my air cleaner housing, fixed my fence, washed the 01 SS, cleared the stuff off the 86 SS and fired it up. Took it for a quick ride and then my world fell apart.

Noticed the transmission lines were leaking really bad, no big deal, I have new ones ready to go it. Poured some fluid in so I didn't burn up the trans, and the end of the funnel fell into the dipstick tube. Shut the car off and used a coat hanger to get it out.

After getting it out, tried to start the car and it wouldn't crank. The new starter I installed last August died. After tapping and getting it started, I just parked it. Pulled the black SS in and it was covered with dust! Gave it another wipe down and called it a day.

Never got to see the NASCAR race and missed over an hour of the IMSA race. Maybe next weekend will be better? I have so much work on the 86 to get done....

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Thanks again SO much Dave. They look great.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue May 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Glad they finally worked out, Pete.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:07 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Glad they finally worked out, Pete.
Yup it was quite the thing.
Nothing but Mopars Image