The season is over. Off season begins!

All topics non-car related.
petegee77

Re: The season is over. Off season begins!

Post by petegee77 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Good grief another off season ALREADY ! Where did car show season go ? Anyone have anything special planned with their wheels?
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:10 pm

I have too much planned!!

The 01 SS needs a transmission rebuilt, new tail lights [cracked and leaning water into the trunk] Hoping the tires can last 1 more season. The 86 SS needs new headlights and an exhaust system. Maybe even get the nose piece repainted. Plus still working on the tool kit idea. Matt's working on his trunk kit and a few other ideas he has rolling around in his head. And the Truck, well, it still needs a new roll pan in the rear, new tail lights [one is cracked and one is scratched] and headlights [flop around cheap Ebay specials]

Now I just need to find the money to pay for all this!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:19 am

The Monte is all set except for maybe painting the valve covers since some paint has peeled off from the last 30 yrs.
PT needs a new battery but at this point I will wait till spring. Plugs and wires were JUST done. ;) I will take it to Dave's work for the lower control arm bushings. PT's seem to go thru them rather quickly.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Pete, just give them a quick spray. Next year when we do the tune up, We can take them off and clean them properly and give them a good painting along with the block.

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm hoping to get work done on my Trans Am. Don't really have a plan yet - gotta figure that out with Matt. I'm hoping to set the engine in the car in the next few weeks. Need to check when Dan is free. I want to make sure my LS swap mounts will work, check out clearances around the engine, install subframe connectors and fabricate the tranny crossmember. I'd be really excited if all that got done. Hopefully I can get my tail light project finished this winter too.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:54 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Pete, just give them a quick spray. Next year when we do the tune up, We can take them off and clean them properly and give them a good painting along with the block.
Sounds good. It runs so good but sadly I still wish it was a Mopar. :(
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:54 pm

battmann wrote:I'm hoping to get work done on my Trans Am. Don't really have a plan yet - gotta figure that out with Matt. I'm hoping to set the engine in the car in the next few weeks. Need to check when Dan is free. I want to make sure my LS swap mounts will work, check out clearances around the engine, install subframe connectors and fabricate the tranny crossmember. I'd be really excited if all that got done. Hopefully I can get my tail light project finished this winter too.
Got to see it this morning. It's coming along.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Well, I got the new headlights for the 86 SS. I guess that's a start. Still need to order the HID kit. I just ordered a set for a side job and they will send me another coupon code for 5% or 10% off my next purchase. I've been able to use that code a few times. I'll do that next month.

I have also been rounding up part #s for my friend Jim to see what he can get for me through Dorman. I need quite a bit for the Olds. I also put out a few calls for an estimate on the transmission. I'm hoping they will upgrade it to the HD trans that came in the Supercharged Montes.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Nothing much hear. Got the PT buttoned up for the winter with it on a trickle charger which also desulfernates the battery. Can't believe it's mid January almost.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:47 am

Last Sunday Ro and I took the Monte out for a run. Battery turned her over real nice and she started right up after the usually several attempts to get fuel into her. She ran like a top as we went up to the falls and back. I think she really liked being unleashed for awhile. Hoping for an early spring to get them both out.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:18 pm

I took the black Monte out for a spin yesterday. The battery in the 86 is disconnected, so I didn't even try. I did however, started working on my mount for the Tach and ordered the air fuel ratio gauge. I made the tabs, bent the round rod and made a mount. Welded the tabs and drilled the holes to mount to the existing screws on the A pillar cover, Then mounted the tack to the bracket. I held it in place and found that it needs to be tweaked a bit. Once I get it in position I will weld it in place. I will get some pics when I get back to the garage.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Sounds good Dave. Took the Monte out again today for a short run. So nice and sunny.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:32 am

Nice you got some cruising in. Looks like it's gonna start getting crappy this week.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:53 pm

battmann wrote:Nice you got some cruising in. Looks like it's gonna start getting crappy this week.
It was so nice (47) when I left work but I guess ,like you said, it's gonna hit the fan later in the week. I heard a high of 6 on Saturday with a low of -3. Just in time for the Buffalo Auto Show.
Nothing but Mopars Image