Christmas 2014

All topics non-car related.
petegee77

Christmas 2014

Post by petegee77 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Soooo what's everybody been up to for the holiday season ? Shopping done ? Staying in town or traveling ?

My shopping's been done except for some small stocking stuffers. Gotta love internet sales. Never have to leave the house. Plans for now is to stay here for Christmas day then head to Elmira Friday morning then quickly back here for Saturday get together. Knowing Ro's crazed family that can all quickly change even as late as Christmas Eve.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Re: Christmas 2014

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Pete, I have hardly started shopping, Picked up a couple things, but I need to grab a few other things and still need to figure out something special for Matt and Diana.

We'll be staying home this year, Not really into seeing family this season. Plus I have to work the next day.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:50 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Pete, I have hardly started shopping, Picked up a couple things, but I need to grab a few other things and still need to figure out something special for Matt and Diana.

We'll be staying home this year, Not really into seeing family this season. Plus I have to work the next day.
Ugh , working the day after sucks . I put in for it off and Jan. 2nd about a month ago. I'd NEVER make it in on time after all those New Years Day bowl games.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 pm

i still have to shop. Lisa took care of getting all the kids stuff. we'll be staying home for christmas morning, but will probably head to my in-law's for dinner. my family will probably come out to visit the Saturday after christmas. shouldn't be too bad. my family is only like 5 people. i'm thinking about taking some time off between christmas and new year, but not sure yet. usually two straight days home with the kids is enough for me. it would be nice to not be at work, but i'm not sure i'd make it through the week!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:26 am

battmann wrote:i still have to shop. Lisa took care of getting all the kids stuff. we'll be staying home for christmas morning, but will probably head to my in-law's for dinner. my family will probably come out to visit the Saturday after christmas. shouldn't be too bad. my family is only like 5 people. i'm thinking about taking some time off between christmas and new year, but not sure yet. usually two straight days home with the kids is enough for me. it would be nice to not be at work, but i'm not sure i'd make it through the week!
Yup I remember staying at home Christmas morning when the kids were little. Let them enjoy their gifts.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:06 am

Well here we are, home stretch. Today's the last real day to shop outside of taking a day off next week . I'm just going out now to grab some small things like candy etc. for Ro's stocking. Everybody else all set ?
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Pretty much all done. just need to pick up some stocking stuffers for Diana after shooting tomorrow, Matt's all set if his stuff shows up in time, otherwise he will have to wait. Won't be able to use it till Spring anyways, LOL!

And I got myself something too. Just hoping it wasn't a scam. Found a cowl hood for my truck on eBay for $49.87 shipped!! Warehouse blow out of returns and scratch and dents. Not the one I really wanted, but it will work. Won't match the SS though. Should be here just after Christmas. I figure even if it doesn't fit, I can always sell it on Craigslist for twice what I paid.

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:54 pm

I'm pretty much done. Took Friday off to go to my daughter's breakfast with Santa at her preschool. After that we did some shopping together. I think she told Lisa everything I got her. Oh well. I also bought some gifts on amazon so those ones will be a surprise. Still need cards and some stocking stuff.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:13 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Pretty much all done. just need to pick up some stocking stuffers for Diana after shooting tomorrow, Matt's all set if his stuff shows up in time, otherwise he will have to wait. Won't be able to use it till Spring anyways, LOL!

And I got myself something too. Just hoping it wasn't a scam. Found a cowl hood for my truck on eBay for $49.87 shipped!! Warehouse blow out of returns and scratch and dents. Not the one I really wanted, but it will work. Won't match the SS though. Should be here just after Christmas. I figure even if it doesn't fit, I can always sell it on Craigslist for twice what I paid.
I'm pretty good at finding something for myself on line too Dave. Guess that's why we're tough to buy for. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:16 pm

battmann wrote: Took Friday off to go to my daughter's breakfast with Santa at her preschool. After that we did some shopping together. I think she told Lisa everything I got her. Oh well. I also bought some gifts on amazon so those ones will be a surprise. Still need cards and some stocking stuff.
Good for you Clint. Your daughter will never forget that time together, trust me. My Andie is 33 and will still mentions stuff we did together when she was little. That's what it's all about brother.
Nothing but Mopars Image

thedukejag

Post by thedukejag » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Absolutely right...My little girl is 37 and brings up things I had completely forgotten about...
Rick

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:05 pm

I tried to take last Wednesday off to do some shopping with Diana, But I had to go in an do a big job. So we went yesterday.

I'm all done! Early too!

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:23 pm

‘Twas the night before Christmas and in the garage,
There wasn't a trace of a Toyota or a Dodge.
The presents were wrapped and the lights were all lit,
So I figured I'd mess with the Hot Rod a bit.

I popped the release and I lifted the hood,
When a deep voice behind me said "looks pretty good."
Well, as you can imagine, I turned mighty quick,
And there, by the workbench, stood good ‘ol Saint Nick!

We stood there a bit, not too sure what to say,
Then he said "I don't suppose you'd trade for my sleigh?”
I said "No way, Santa" and started to grin,
"But if you've got the time we could go for a spin!"

His round little mouth, all tied up like a bow,
Turned into a smile and he said "hey! Let's go!!"
So as not to disturb all the neighbors' retreat,
We pushed the Hot Rod on down to the street.

Then taking our places to drift down the hill,
I started my baby, it was always a thrill.
The sound that erupted took him by surprise,
But he liked it a lot, by the look in his eyes.

With tires a'cryin' and headers aglow,
We headed on out where the hot rodders go.
And Santa's grin widened, approaching his ears,
With every shift up as I went through the gears.

Then he yelled “I can't recall when I felt so alive!"
So I backed off the gas and said "You wanna drive?"
‘Ol Santa was stunned when I gave him the keys,
When he walked past the headlights he shook at the knees!

The small block erupted with that Aerochamber sound,
When Santa stomped the gas the tires shook the ground!
Chirped into second and again into third,
I just sat there holding on, at a loss for words.

Then I heard him exclaim as he blasted from sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, it's been a hell of a night!!!"

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:44 pm

That is TOTALLY AWESOME Dave. !!! :D
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:57 pm

I had to change a few things, but I have that saved in my email file for years.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:49 pm

twomanymontes wrote:I had to change a few things, but I have that saved in my email file for years.
Glad you did . I have different files saved for outstanding things such as this.
Nothing but Mopars Image