Happy 2015

All topics non-car related.
petegee77

Re: Happy 2015

Post by petegee77 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:25 pm

twomanymontes wrote:I don't think we will get hit all that bad. I'm not worried, Plus maybe it will spur up some business at work. That way I can pay for some of the stuff I just bought for the slot car track.
Talked to buddies ( snow plow drivers) of mine in Albany and I guess everyone is expecting between 8-12 " . Gonna be widespread it sounds like.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:22 pm

We got about 12" here. I took today off. I didn't feel like having a 2 hour commute each way to & from work. Snow pretty much stopped by 1pm. Snowblower three times. Drifts were real bad.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:49 pm

We got just over a foot here, but some of the drifts are over 3 feet high. I can't even get to the back yard at my Grandmother's house. I have only managed to get the drive way cleared to the half way point. And I can't even get the snow thrown any higher.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:31 pm

This " shovel when you leave for work in the morning, shovel when you get home" crap is getting old real fast. Terrible week. Like Dave mentioned , over 3 foot drifts from the stupid wind whipping down the driveway. I have to shovel the end of the driveway every morning after the plows have done their evil work. The Jeep makes it thru fine but Ro's low slung Malibu would ,at best ,rip off the lower front spoilers . Only 19 months left on that dreaded lease.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:06 am

Yeah, it gets old fast! 37 days straight with some sort of accumulation. I gave up shoveling the entire driveway at Grams. I have it cleared to the back of the house. Nobody goes there anyways, I just want the place to look lived in.

Pete, you need to clear the crap at the end of the apron as soon as you can. That crap freezes hard over night!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:06 am

twomanymontes wrote:Yeah, it gets old fast! 37 days straight with some sort of accumulation. I gave up shoveling the entire driveway at Grams. I have it cleared to the back of the house. Nobody goes there anyways, I just want the place to look lived in.

Pete, you need to clear the crap at the end of the apron as soon as you can. That crap freezes hard over night!
That's for sure. I tried widening the apron yesterday. Unfortunately I did not have any C4 on me. lol The bank was as hard as concrete.
Heading off downtown to the car show at the convention center in a little bit. I can hardly wait the driving there. :evil:
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:09 pm

LOL! Yeah, The driveway at the garage was bad. I used a pitchfork to break it up today.

Matt, Jack and I went last night. Only the new Challenger and Z06 Corvette were eye catching. The Black GMC Sierra was nice too, but I don't like the black wheels.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:21 pm

twomanymontes wrote:LOL! Yeah, The driveway at the garage was bad. I used a pitchfork to break it up today.

Matt, Jack and I went last night. Only the new Challenger and Z06 Corvette were eye catching. The Black GMC Sierra was nice too, but I don't like the black wheels.
I talked to some blonde girl from your work yesterday, about those dreaded PT seats , and she mentioned you were there Friday night. Black seemed to be THE colour this year. Lots of black Jeeps including the new Renegade . TOO BAD THEY KEPT THE STUPID THING LOCKED ! Seriously why bother bringing it at all ? Lots of ticked off people. Chevy had there new Trax there ( unlocked ) and people where all over it. Trax gained a lot of sales from the look of it at the Renegades expense. The best reason I got from them was that was that Fiat is nervous and wants to make sure everything is perfect with it before selling it. Yeah like that's practical.
I found myself drawn to the A3 Audi downstairs. Seemed real comfy and it does come with a AWD version. I also loved the Tangerine orange Subaru Crosstrek. Looked real hard at it before I bought the Patriot.
Could help but notice that the Malibu had an interior change so that the cupholders were staggered as to not get cover by the right side arm rest part of the console. Made me laugh. I had to laugh at the green colour of the 4 door Sahara Wrangler. It was "Tank Green" . lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Some Blonde? Not sure who you talked to. Either Miranda who is about Matt's age or Carla, Rocky's wife. Either way I'm suprised they knew I was there on Friday.

When it comes to seats you really need to talk to Dave Daigler. He's the one that can make things happen anyways.

Yeah, that Renegade was a little funny looking. Almost like they took a Patriot and put it in an oven and it warped. Looked a little cartoonish to me. Did you also notice that it didn't have a VIN # as well? At least I didn't see it where it is suppose to be. And I like that Green 4DR Wrangler. Sometimes a color can be so ugly it's cool.

The Trax was pretty neat, too small for me, but that Sonic was cool! And it had leg room for me. And that tiny dash set up reminds me of a Data logger/gauges in a race car.

As for the Audi, yeah it was a nice car. But did you check out the interior in the Kia Optima? That was cool! the entire center console was built at a an angle. I liked it alot.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:28 am

twomanymontes wrote:Some Blonde? Not sure who you talked to. Either Miranda who is about Matt's age or Carla, Rocky's wife. Either way I'm suprised they knew I was there on Friday.

When it comes to seats you really need to talk to Dave Daigler. He's the one that can make things happen anyways.

Yeah, that Renegade was a little funny looking. Almost like they took a Patriot and put it in an oven and it warped. Looked a little cartoonish to me. Did you also notice that it didn't have a VIN # as well? At least I didn't see it where it is suppose to be. And I like that Green 4DR Wrangler. Sometimes a color can be so ugly it's cool.

The Trax was pretty neat, too small for me, but that Sonic was cool! And it had leg room for me. And that tiny dash set up reminds me of a Data logger/gauges in a race car.

As for the Audi, yeah it was a nice car. But did you check out the interior in the Kia Optima? That was cool! the entire center console was built at a an angle. I liked it alot.
The girl did mention "the other Dave". lol
Didn't notice the lack of a Vin # on the Renegade. I'm still ticked that the car was locked. Why bother even bringing it ? I thought the Trax was too small also. And with no center console. Didn't even go near the Kia display. Just can't see me in an Asian car. I'll check it out this summer if we ever have one. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:47 pm

I won't own an import ever again myself. Unless I pick it up for $50 and be able to sell it for more like I did my Corolla. But I like to see what styles the imports have. Sometimes they are cool, sometimes Blah, and sometimes it's a WTF where they thinking? IF you look at the shifter console in a Smart car, it's basically an upgraded Power wheels center console, LOL!

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Sounds like I didn't miss a whole lot. I haven't been to the auto show in probably 3-4 years at least.
Did they have a hellcat there? Those things are bad ass!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:51 pm

twomanymontes wrote:I won't own an import ever again myself. Unless I pick it up for $50 and be able to sell it for more like I did my Corolla. But I like to see what styles the imports have. Sometimes they are cool, sometimes Blah, and sometimes it's a WTF where they thinking? IF you look at the shifter console in a Smart car, it's basically an upgraded Power wheels center console, LOL!
My daughter thought about buying a Smart car. I told her if she did, I'd disown her. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:53 pm

battmann wrote:Sounds like I didn't miss a whole lot. I haven't been to the auto show in probably 3-4 years at least.
Did they have a hellcat there? Those things are bad ass!
Not that I know of Clint. I was pretty focused on the Jeep area. Dave ?
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Nope, no Hell Cat, But they did have the SRT with the power bulge hood and the 392 Hemi. It was a killer looking car. But the dash looks like a video game.

Clint, you haven't missed much, Been going every year for about 15 years now, nothing good ever pops up. Well, Last year I got to meet Richard Childress and got him to sign a hat for me. That was really cool!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:39 am

twomanymontes wrote:Nope, no Hell Cat, But they did have the SRT with the power bulge hood and the 392 Hemi. It was a killer looking car. But the dash looks like a video game.

Clint, you haven't missed much, Been going every year for about 15 years now, nothing good ever pops up. Well, Last year I got to meet Richard Childress and got him to sign a hat for me. That was really cool!
Wasn't the SRT also locked ? Real marketing genius right there.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Yes it was. I guess The don't want the average person to check it out.