Halloween??

All topics non-car related.
twomanymontes

Halloween??

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Last night the weather was near perfect! No wind, no rain and was in the 50's. Yet, we had the worst turn out ever! Only 19 kids showed up. Didn't even hear the screams of "Trick or Treat" echoing between the houses. Last year we had close to 80 kids. I'm really starting to think the local church groups and fire stations are killing Halloween! Now I have 3 bags of candy that I will have to eat! Not to mention half a sheet pizza, and enough chips to sink a row boat!

Anyone have a good turn out?? Or was it a flop like mine?
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

battmann
Site Admin

Re: Halloween??

Post by battmann » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:44 pm

We always go to my friends neighborhood to trick or treat. They have a ton of kids in their area & all the families know each other. My street is pretty busy and doesn't have sidewalks. Before we had kids we handed out candy at home but no one really ever came. Weather was really good. Last couple years it was cold & had rain. It was a nice change.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:08 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Last night the weather was near perfect! No wind, no rain and was in the 50's. Yet, we had the worst turn out ever! Only 19 kids showed up. Didn't even hear the screams of "Trick or Treat" echoing between the houses. Last year we had close to 80 kids. I'm really starting to think the local church groups and fire stations are killing Halloween! Now I have 3 bags of candy that I will have to eat! Not to mention half a sheet pizza, and enough chips to sink a row boat!

Anyone have a good turn out?? Or was it a flop like mine?
There seemed to be a lot of kids on the street last nite. We gave up handing out candy a few years ago since the turn out varied so much. We're in the family room most of the time which is in the back of the house. We were running up constantly to the front which grew old in a hurry. As a added benefit there's no candy left over for Ro and I to eat.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:09 pm

battmann wrote:We always go to my friends neighborhood to trick or treat. They have a ton of kids in their area & all the families know each other. My street is pretty busy and doesn't have sidewalks. Before we had kids we handed out candy at home but no one really ever came. Weather was really good. Last couple years it was cold & had rain. It was a nice change.
So much safer when the kids have sidewalks as opposed to being in the street.
Nothing but Mopars Image