Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

All topics non-car related.
User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:53 am

Hope everyone is spending time with their families and enjoying the nice weather we have today.

I'm planning on digging out the Christmas stuff and putting the lights up later today.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by battmann » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Happy thanksgiving.
My kids were nuts today - they weren't very enjoyable.
In good news, the Lions destroyed the Eagles. Unfortunately I didn't see very much of the game due to traveling and trying to manage kids. Ugh.

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Just got back from Elmira. We went down Weds. morning then Ro's mom was taken to the hospital yesterday. She's 88 and her dad's 91 but still in fairly good health. They're talking hospice so it doesn't look too good for her mom. Ro is still in Elmira and I'll head back there to pick her up on Sunday. We've had happier Thanksgivings but we are thankful for all we have had and still have.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Clint, thats the joy of having girls, LOL! At least with Matt, if he got out of control, a smack in the back of the head and he behaved!

Pete, sorry to hear that. Please tell Ro she is in our prayers. And keep us posted on her mom's condition.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:11 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Clint, thats the joy of having girls, LOL! At least with Matt, if he got out of control, a smack in the back of the head and he behaved!

Pete, sorry to hear that. Please tell Ro she is in our prayers. And keep us posted on her mom's condition.
Will do and thanks Dave.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Pete, How is Ro's mother doing?
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by battmann » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Pete - sorry to hear about Ro's mom. Any better news to report?

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:30 am

Thanks guys. We're heading down there again this weekend. This very well may be for the last time. They give her a few days. Ro's dad is 91 and I worry about him. They were married for 67-68 years.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:21 am

Ro's mom passed last nite. Ro and her daughter went down there yesterday morning and I'll head down there today. At least Ro was there when she passed. Not sure myself if I'd like to have that as a last image of someone I loved.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:46 pm

petegee77 wrote:Ro's mom passed last nite. Ro and her daughter went down there yesterday morning and I'll head down there today. At least Ro was there when she passed. Not sure myself if I'd like to have that as a last image of someone I loved.
Pete, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please tell Ro were sorry. I went through that a month ago, I don't wish that image on anyone. If she needs anything, please let me know. I'm sure the services will be in Elmira, so I won't be able to attend. I'm tapped on time off right now.

Again, I am so sorry, She will be in our prayers.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by battmann » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:59 pm

Pete - i'm sorry to hear that Ro's mom passed. please accept my condolences.
man, what a string of awful luck we're all having lately. we had two scares here in the past 4 days. Lisa's dad was admitted to the hospital because he had terrible abdominal pain. turns out he had some kind of intestinal blockage. he's back home now and seems to be doing OK. then the same day my sister called me saying my mom went to the hospital because her left eye wasn't moving. out of nowhere she woke up that morning and she could see fine, but if she tried to look left, right, up or down the left eye just stayed straight and she got terrible double vision. they did a bunch of tests and did blood work, but they couldn't figure out what the issue was. yesterday my mom called me saying everything was back to normal. not sure what happened there, but glad she's better.

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:18 pm

Clint, I'm starting to think someone put a curse on us. Just got back from the Gun Club Christmas party. I knew of 1 other member besides my Dad that passed away this year, but found out we lost 2 more this year as well. Not to mention what has happened to all of us over the last month or two.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:42 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Pete, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please tell Ro were sorry. I went through that a month ago, I don't wish that image on anyone. If she needs anything, please let me know. I'm sure the services will be in Elmira, so I won't be able to attend. I'm tapped on time off right now.

Again, I am so sorry, She will be in our prayers.
Thanks Dave
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:44 pm

battmann wrote:Pete - i'm sorry to hear that Ro's mom passed. please accept my condolences.
man, what a string of awful luck we're all having lately. we had two scares here in the past 4 days. Lisa's dad was admitted to the hospital because he had terrible abdominal pain. turns out he had some kind of intestinal blockage. he's back home now and seems to be doing OK. then the same day my sister called me saying my mom went to the hospital because her left eye wasn't moving. out of nowhere she woke up that morning and she could see fine, but if she tried to look left, right, up or down the left eye just stayed straight and she got terrible double vision. they did a bunch of tests and did blood work, but they couldn't figure out what the issue was. yesterday my mom called me saying everything was back to normal. not sure what happened there, but glad she's better.
Thanks Clint. Glad that Lisa's dad and your mom are doing better. They need to find out what caused your mom's eye troubles.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:46 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Clint, I'm starting to think someone put a curse on us. Just got back from the Gun Club Christmas party. I knew of 1 other member besides my Dad that passed away this year, but found out we lost 2 more this year as well. Not to mention what has happened to all of us over the last month or two.
I need to talk to you after the holidays about joining the gun club.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:06 pm

No Problem Pete.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Heading back to Elmira in the AM to pick up Ro.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:04 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2016 everyone
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by battmann » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:01 am

Happy belated thanksgiving!
We went to the in-laws. Was a good time. Kids were great this year and the Lions beat the Vikings to take first place in their division.

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Post by petegee77 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:22 pm

battmann wrote:Happy belated thanksgiving!
We went to the in-laws. Was a good time. Kids were great this year and the Lions best the Vikings to take first place in their division.
We were out your way Clint. Went to Ro's niece in Webster. 15 of us in all. Being the tallest of the group I had to grab aqll the dishes and stuff off the higher shelves in the kitchen. All and all a nice day. I was rooting for your Lions. Thought for certain the game was going into OT. Cowboys won their 10th straight so I was happy too.
Nothing but Mopars Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest