The on and on thread

All topics non-car related.
twomanymontes

Re: The on and on thread

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks Clint, and no, it was worse and the the 12 hour drive down wasn't comfortable either. Should have only been 10, but we got tangled up in traffic about 6 times, that set us back 2 hours. Pretty much the same way home too. The worst part was I couldn't go into the water past my shins. the swelling has gone done, but it still starts to bleed every now and then.

On a lighter note, I did manage to find a couple hot wheels Montes down there and someothers I didn't have. Diana came home with not 1, not 2 but 4 pairs of shoes! :roll: She had a really good time. And we celebrated out 20th Anniversary early down there. went to this one upscale place for dinner, waited over an hour and a half for a table, but when the food arrived really quick it wasn't so bad, then I got the bill and went into shock. Mostly my fault, 2lbs of steamed Alaskan Crab legs with butter sauce, $40.! But it was really good.....
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Spent all week getting the SS cleaned up for the Super Chevy Show this weekend! I can't believe how dirty it gets just sitting! Tomorrow I have a 12 hour shift so all I'll get to do is pack the car, Friday leaving the shop at noon, Man I hope the car can stay somewhat clean!

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Spent the weekend in PA for the Super Chevy Show. only one casualty, my rear view mirror fell off going over a bump. Lots of sweet cars!! The drag racing was awesome and some cool stuff in the vender area. Matt picked up a 2" cowl hood scoop for $15. He wants to make a engine cover out of it to mimic the cowl hood he wants to buy. After the show we headed to our friend Jim and Karen's, chowed down and had a bonfire. Can't wait till next year! Hopefully I can get the pics up in the next few days.

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:41 pm

sounds like you had a good time. where in PA was this show? who put it on?

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:29 pm

We did have a great time! The show is put on by Super Chevy Magazine and run by the Racetracks, there are 10 shows a year, Maplegrove was the closest to us since they lost the one at Summit Motorsport park in Ohio. Maplegrove Raceway park is just outside of Reading PA, about 7 hours from Buffalo. Long trip but well worth it. Pics are up in the gallery.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Ever go to a junkyard in a monsoon?? I did today! The left front spring broke on the 01 Sunday on our way home from Ellicottville. I plan on geting all new struts and lowering springs in the spring. So instead of buying 1 quick strut for 5 or 6 months, Matt and I went to M&M today to grab a used one. It was like being slammed with a wall of water while trying to work. The worst part was the 1st one I pulled out had a rally nice newer looking strut, but once I got it out, the spring was broken. Found another and after 2 jacks sank into the mud, I finally got it out. Came home and slammed it in. And guess what? As soon as I tightened the last bolt, the monsoon stopped! But for $22, it is back on the road and now I can take the truck apart and fix the brakes before the snow flies.

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:53 pm

hey, at least you got it fixed on the cheap. lisa broke the side mirror of her grand am this week so i thought about going to the junkyard to look for one today, but it was awful out. i searched ebay and i can get a new one for like $35 with shipping. i think that's a good enough deal to not waste a day looking for one in the local yards. actually this is the first year in awhile that i haven't been to the junkyard.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:32 pm

I guess your right, I'll still end up dumping about $600 in the spring but atleast it's safe to drive again

And I wish you would have let me know, I'm sure I could have grabbed one for $15 at M&M. there was about 20 Grand Ams there

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Beautiful Day today! And I worked! Started off at M&M looking for some parts for Matt's truck, came home, fixed his truck, knocked out a side job, changed the oil and tires on Diana's Jeep. tomorrow is supposed to be nicer and I need to get the 01 done and hopefully the brakes on the truck. Really wish I hadn't put the SS away already, it would have been a great day for a drive!

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:19 pm

i washed my camaro today so i can put it away. i have another exam tomorrow so i need to study, but i really want to drive around aimlessly and enjoy the weather.

95gts

Post by 95gts » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:43 pm

I drove my last couple weekends.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 pm

It hit 70 degrees today!! I would have loved to take the day off and go cruising. And tomorrow is supposed to be even better.

And By the way, Is anyone else sick of seeing Christmas stuff already?? I mean, it's not even Thanksgiving and I'm ready to throw things at the TV when ever those stupid Wallyworld Layaway comercials.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:12 pm

LOL! The last post in this thread I said it was 70 degrees, And today it snowed! Looks like we might have a white Christmas after all.

15 shopping days left and all I have done is Matt's. I still haven't a clue for Diana! I'll have to see what I can think up of over the next couple days.

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Shoes?? LOL!
I bought a few things for Lisa but I haven't done much yet. I gotta get moving.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:12 pm

LOL! I got her that for her Birthday. I still need to find something for her. She is the hardest person to buy for! I never know what size clothes, she's constantly loosing weight, She's half the size she was when we got married! And Giving a gift card to your wife is just so lame.....

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:02 am

Well, Christmas worked out OK, I got Diana a few things she wanted [She picked them out]. I got springs for the Monte, a few things for the Slot car track and about 2 dozen pairs of socks! I tear them up so fast LOL!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:13 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Well, Christmas worked out OK, I got Diana a few things she wanted [She picked them out]. I got springs for the Monte, a few things for the Slot car track and about 2 dozen pairs of socks! I tear them up so fast LOL!
I was thinking of you when I opened one of my gifts from Rosemary. It was new Route66 floor mats for the PT. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Why me?

Just because I always have clean Floor Mats? LOL! I'm telling you, that is worth big points in the shows. Nothing worse that seeing a really sweet, well detailed car and they have a set of $10 Rubber mats or, even worse, stained ones in the car. it always takes away the appeal of the car.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:56 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Why me?

Just because I always have clean Floor Mats? LOL! I'm telling you, that is worth big points in the shows. Nothing worse that seeing a really sweet, well detailed car and they have a set of $10 Rubber mats or, even worse, stained ones in the car. it always takes away the appeal of the car.
I remember you telling me just that. I won't forget it any time soon. ;)
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh and a clean oil filter helps, Just ask Tim, LOL!