The on and on thread

All topics non-car related.
twomanymontes

Re: The on and on thread

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks Pete, I had a blast crewing for my old boss at the drags in the early 90's, then at Ransomville for a friend. I had so much fun!

And now there is some football game on. So no Simpsons again!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Heading to Detroit for the Autorama Saturday morning, Can't wait! Already swapped the wheels and tires on the Olds, just need to check all the fluids and gas it up Tomorrow night. Hopefully, I will remember to take my camera and get some shots of really cool cars!

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Have fun guys. Wish I could've tagged along.
Take pics if there's any f-bodies like mine.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:06 pm

No Firebirds or Trans Ams of your body style Clint, Couple Camaros and they were nothing to write home about.

Overall, it was a great trip, Only issue we had was the Olds decided to spring a leak. Well, more like develop a hole and fill the backseat with water. The boys ended up taking turns sitting in the wet spot, LOL! We made excellent time there and back, no issues with the weather. Little lost trying to find a parking place, but still somehow ended up parking only a block away.

That place is HUGE!!! After 2.5 hours, my camera died, my feet were aching and we were only 1/2 way through the 1st floor!

The quality of these cars make ours look like daily drivers! Clint's Trans Am and Wayne's Plymouth will be the closest in our group that would have a chance.

I will try and get some pics posted this week.

Oh, and I ended up buying a picture of the 4th gen Monte SSs from these guys. https://www.etsy.com/shop/HotRodPencil? ... p_redirect
Every one of their pictures gets personalized, so I had 661 Customs put on mine. Now I need to get a frame for it.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:29 pm

What the hell is with this weather?? The other day I'm working outside in a t shirt and the next I'm wearing sweatshirts and my Carrhardt shoveling snow off my truck.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Holy Crap that wind today!! Power went out here for 3 hours and went out at work for 5 minutes. Trees down all over, garbage flying around, even saw a tractor trailer on it's side on the news. Looks like my fence blew over and I lost a couple shingles on the roof. Hopefully everyone else survived!

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:54 am

We've been without power since 3pm yesterday.
No clue when it will be back on. Big trees down everywhere.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:16 pm

Clint, any power yet?? I heard most of Greece was out as well, but some got it back late yesterday. Some still out at noon today.

Saw a caravan of electrical trucks heading towards the 90 this afternoon, hope they are headed your way

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:50 pm

My power came back around 6pm Thursday night. Had to throw out a lot of food but otherwise we're all good. Lisa's sister in Brighton still doesn't have power though. Trees still down all over. Too bad I don't have a fireplace.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:34 pm

That's good to hear. We have a gas stove, so when we lost power for 4 days a few years ago, We just cooked up everything and I gained 10 pounds, LOL!
Spoke with Tim today, his parents have moved in with him till their power is restored. There are still sections out there with no power, that sucks.

You never realize how much you rely on electricity until it's gone.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Finally found some time to relax and watch the race. Boring as hell!!! They changed the format again and it's sucks!! I need to watch some IMSA or World Challenge races. They are soooo much better!!

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:54 pm

So I come home and there is a package waiting for me. It was a pack of IMSA WeatherTech coaster mats and a commemorative sticker from the WeatherTech Racing Team!! They are sweet! Look like little floor mats! Last week I got a new T-shirt from WIX filters. I guess entering stupid online contests add up! LOL!

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 am

Busy ass weekend!! Spent yesterday staring off in the junkyard, then worked at the garage for a bit, came home and drained the pond and tried to do some trimming around the yard. After blowing up both weed wackers in less than 5 minutes, I gave up and tore into Matt's car. Figured out a couple wiring issues and have a game plan to re wire some of it. I ran out of relays, so I cleaned up and relaxed last night.

Today, Woke up early and watched the F1 race from Monaco, now the pre race for the INDY 500 is on, then there is an off road race and tractor pull on before the NASCAR Coke a Cola 600 at 6. Sad part is the series finale of River Monsters is on at 8 till 10. I guess I will be jumping channels between the race and Animal Planet.

Tomorrow, I hope I can get the lawn cut and finish the pond. Maybe I might even clean and fire up the grill for the 1st time this year

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Finally got to wash and then clay bar the PT today. Got off an extra bit of dirt so I guess it worked.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:05 pm

I've heard good things about clay bar but never tried it.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:07 pm

There sure bis enough of videos out on how to do it.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Happy Father's day guys!!

I spent the weekend in Canada visiting with some friends in Scranton, with friends from PA. Had a blast till we came home and the Olds started acting up. It's a cheap quick fix, but still depressing.

But came home to find Matt and Sean installed the new hood and deck lid on the Black Monte. Looks awesome!! Just need to get a few details finished and then a full top to bottom detail and she will be ready to go to Carlise next weekend.

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Cool - can't wait to see it all tohether.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:52 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:55 pm
Happy Father's day guys!!

I spent the weekend in Canada visiting with some friends in Scranton, with friends from PA. Had a blast till we came home and the Olds started acting up. It's a cheap quick fix, but still depressing.

But came home to find Matt and Sean installed the new hood and deck lid on the Black Monte. Looks awesome!! Just need to get a few details finished and then a full top to bottom detail and she will be ready to go to Carlise next weekend.
Glad you're back safely. Can't wait to see the final version of the black Monte. Ro and I are headed out as well this coming weekend....Mopar Madness in Syracuse.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:15 pm

Yeah, it's back together and it made it to Carlisle. We took 1st in the 95-07 Modified Monte Carlo Class. And Matt took 3rd in the 78-88 Modified Monte Carlo Class, getting beat by Tim who got 2nd. And my 86 got the shaft, LOL!

We didn't have as much issues as last year, but we did suffer the Carlisle Curse.

Tim's oil pressure switch started leaking. More like puking oil! Matt's car was covered in oil.

Matt's car suffered a little more damage, a rock took out a headlight, his shifter cable broke and his brake power booster is leaking.

But was all made it there and home safe. Still haven't gone over the cars for other issues, but that's going to have to wait till we get back from Watkins Glen this weekend. We have a month before Summit Racing, so I don't need to be rushing anything.

Pete, How was the Nationals?? Weather Saturday was great! Sunday sucked!!