MCCC Car Show

Upcoming show information and reviews.
petegee77

Re: MCCC Car Show

Post by petegee77 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:19 pm

I too plan on getting there between 9-9:30. I have no idea where to park the cars since I missed the meeting do to Ro's dad's services.

Ro is printing up the voting ballots today. I have door prizes and the sign in book. You have the kid's stuff and the car window number's things yes ?

Haven't heard yet on the trophies but it's right here in Kenmore so I can boop overthere tomorrow. They've been real good in the past. Decent prices too.

Ro wanted me to ask if Diana's coming? She likes her a lot and wants to hang out.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:25 pm

I’m not gonna be able to make the show. My sister bought her first house and I’ll be helping her move. She was renting in a bad section of Lovejoy so we’re all happy she’s getting out of there. Her house is on Dick Rd in Depew.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Pete, Diana is going to be working, but if she has time she might stop up.

Clint, sorry you won’t be joining us, but understandable.

Well, I’ve got 100 goodies bags to slap together, I’ll be there Sunday!!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:24 pm

battmann wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:25 pm
I’m not gonna be able to make the show. My sister bought her first house and I’ll be helping her move. She was renting in a bad section of Lovejoy so we’re all happy she’s getting out of there. Her house is on Dick Rd in Depew.
So close yet so far.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:28 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:49 pm
Pete, Diana is going to be working, but if she has time she might stop up.

Clint, sorry you won’t be joining us, but understandable.

Well, I’ve got 100 goodies bags to slap together, I’ll be there Sunday!!
I picked up the trophies tonite. With just you ,me, Matt and Jack rep. the club I'm glad I didn't waste my money on a Car Club participation award like last year. I'm assuming Wayne will be AWOL as well .

I forgot the goodie bags Dave, that's great. I've got door prizes as well like last year.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Got both Montes cleaned up and ready today. Loaded the goodie bags and the banner in mine.

Fixed Jacks brake line the other night, so he’ll be bringing his truck.

The boys are meeting here for 8:30 and then heading over.

Weather is looking good for tomorrow! Should be a good show!

Now I get to relax and watch the rest of the Indy race

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Unlike you I can't relax. Just not my nature I guess. My mind is constantly racing. Did I forget anything? etc. I know I won't sleep tonite. I've got everything loaded up in the PT but I'll keep wondering .. "Did I forget anything"

Need to talk with you prior to the show. I went over everything from last year and somehow we had a MAJOR screw up with the awards. That cost me sleep last nite. I'll explain it in the morning.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Damn you ! You HAD to mention the Indy Race. lol So now I'm watching it and going back and forth with Tombstone , which is one of my favs. I got into the race at the exact time Will Powers crashed. Just what was he thinking ? Anyway, see you in the morning. If I'm asleep when you get their just wake me.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:45 pm

LOL!! Yeah, it was a good race! Powers was totally in the wrong on that move. He’s getting fined for that move.

Well today’s show was good, bad and ugly!!

It would have helped if all parties were on the same page.

Property management changed things up at the last minute without telling anyone, the venders just did what they wanted, which threw us off. The people in charge of the show finally showed up around noon. And then there was us. Pete, Matt, Jack, Sean and myself. Trying to keep the cars flowing in and parked, registration and voting under control.

I swear, these people took stupid pills or something! One guy couldn’t park his car at the angle we wanted, apparently no power steering is s reason to not listen! Whatever! We worked around it. Then getting the venders to get their vehicles out into the parking lot was a disaster. Some lady yelled at Matthew that he parked a car too close to her Corvette and she was worried it could get dented! Yeah! Like fiberglass dents!!!

Oh well it’s done for this year.

Congrats to Pete, Matthew and Steve on their awards!!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Congrats to Dave too on his award. Nice showing by the MCCC guys. 4 out of the 5 of us walked away with hardware.

HUGE THANKS to Dave, Matt, Jack and Shaun for all their help. Could NOT have done it without them. That's what makes a car club. We would like to have a bigger turnout next year from other members. We're trying to build the club but It gets frustrating year after year with just the same guys showing up.

Same # of cars as last year (76). One odd fact : 21 of the 76 registered cars did not turn in their ballots. Amazing ! People commented to me that they had a nice time. That's all that matters.

Another head scratcher : Printed CLEARLY on the ballot was a DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN CAR warning. Several people, who can't read did but one dude took the idiot award. He voted 3 times for his own car PLUS a 4th vote for a car that, at the time, didn't exist. People ! LMAO
Nothing but Mopars Image