Roswell Park Car show

Upcoming show information and reviews.
petegee77

Re: Roswell Park Car show

Post by petegee77 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:28 am

GREAT picture Dave of all the cars together. Weather was decent, not too hot for a change. Glad you had a great time.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:51 pm

petegee77 wrote:
twomanymontes wrote:Ok that works for me! See you in the Morning!
Nice seeing everyone this morning although briefly. Nice seeing Tim and Steve since I hadn't seen either since Hilton. Hope you guys make out great today.
As far as my daughter Andie they wound up pulling that molar. It was abscessed. Our dentist (Dr.Dave) doesn't like to have to pull teeth so for him to pull it said it all.
Pete, Hope your daughter is doing better. Abscessed teeth are nothing to play with.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Not sure if anyone say Sundays paper about the Show. I haven't read the full article, but it looks like Some health watchdog website is complaining that Roswell should not be holding this show to attract men to get a prostate check. I need to finish the whole article. But that is just wrong! I have talked to many guys there, particularly African-American men about my age or older that have done it. And it has helped over 100 men catch Prostate cancer before it killed them.

6 years and it's hard to tell if there will be a 7th.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:19 am

twomanymontes wrote:
petegee77 wrote:
twomanymontes wrote:Ok that works for me! See you in the Morning!
Nice seeing everyone this morning although briefly. Nice seeing Tim and Steve since I hadn't seen either since Hilton. Hope you guys make out great today.
As far as my daughter Andie they wound up pulling that molar. It was abscessed. Our dentist (Dr.Dave) doesn't like to have to pull teeth so for him to pull it said it all.
Pete, Hope your daughter is doing better. Abscessed teeth are nothing to play with.
Yes she's better. They pulled it since she's had problems with it before. It was a molar way in the back so she won't look like a hillbilly according to her. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:21 am

twomanymontes wrote:Not sure if anyone say Sundays paper about the Show. I haven't read the full article, but it looks like Some health watchdog website is complaining that Roswell should not be holding this show to attract men to get a prostate check. I need to finish the whole article. But that is just wrong! I have talked to many guys there, particularly African-American men about my age or older that have done it. And it has helped over 100 men catch Prostate cancer before it killed them.

6 years and it's hard to tell if there will be a 7th.
I'm so sick of this. There's always some fringe group complaining about everything. The NEWS never should have given them the time. It's a great cause.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:40 pm

A week later and I still haven't read the whole thing, LOL!

Pete, I agree. People need to stop and mind their own business. I don't push my ideas on anyone. And I wish others would do the same!

I sent an Email to the guys from Man Up, who run the show with Roswell, Showing them my support. I will be back next year whether those morons, against the concept, like it or not!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:10 am

twomanymontes wrote:A week later and I still haven't read the whole thing, LOL!

Pete, I agree. People need to stop and mind their own business. I don't push my ideas on anyone. And I wish others would do the same!

I sent an Email to the guys from Man Up, who run the show with Roswell, Showing them my support. I will be back next year whether those morons, against the concept, like it or not!
I DID get to read the article and the only thing I got out of it was there are chances of false positives with the PSA testing. I see their point but to me it's all about AWARENESS . Anything that brings awareness of prostate cancer is good. In fact I had two guys ask me about the Roswell show yesterday. They wanted to go but had no idea when it was. I gave them Show and Cruise News website for info on next years show.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:47 pm

I finally got to read most of it too Pete. And I think your right. I hope it just goes by the wayside and the show can continue as planned. Plus the main thing is to bring awareness to Prostate cancer.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:37 pm

twomanymontes wrote:I finally got to read most of it too Pete. And I think your right. I hope it just goes by the wayside and the show can continue as planned. Plus the main thing is to bring awareness to Prostate cancer.
UGH ! Saw my neighbor last nite, he's a prostate cancer survivor, 1st words out of his mouth " I heard they're canceling the Roswell Show".
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Like I said, it's hard to know what the future is holding for this show. All because some jackass group has to throw their two cents into it!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:59 pm

I think the fact that actor Ben Stiller revealed that a early PSA test saved his life as they caught his cancer early will certainly help.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:37 pm

The Roswell show is on for 2017!!!

I spoke with the "Cruise for a Cure" spokesperson and got a flyer. the date is Saturday Sept. 23rd. But the location has changed.

They moved it to Old Falls Street USA, Niagara Falls.

Apparently, the show has outgrown Roswell's property. And Niagara Falls chamber of commerce is totally behind the show happening there.

Sounds promising

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:52 am

Cool!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Dave I believe that the show is back on but at Roswell (Elm and Carlton Streets , Buffalo) . Are we all going? If so what's the plan on where to hook up?
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Yeah, It's back at the campus I thought I updated this thread, guess not.

We will be meeting at the Boulevard Mall Parking lot for 8am like usual. Then head to the show as a group.

Tim and Matt ae coming in from Rochester, Matthew, Jack, Sean and myself and possibly my friend Rasson will be joining us with is Mustang.

Hopefully it will be a good time!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Sounds good Dave. Count me in. I'll hook up with you at 8am Saturday.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Awesome!! We might have a huge turnout for this show!

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Dubie's in Tennessee but gets back around midnite. I'll ask him his plans and see if he wants to hook up too.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Well, Today was interesting at best.

Nice turn out, great weather, and lots of friends! BUT, the day started off with a security guard loosing his mind and trying to run over a volunteer that was guiding show cars in the street, then led to another car bumping into Cam's car. The hour wait for lunch as a little too much, but the wings were awesome! And it has been a tradition for the last 6 years [started with my dad at that show and I will continue it] . Awards were quick! 85% went to 2 car clubs and the rest went to Bikes! Somehow they didn't tally the votes separate for the cars and bikes.

But it's still a god show for a great cause, I know I will be back next year!

Now Ihave to figure out how to get pics off my phone and onto this computer so I can upload them!! :roll:

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Yes that was quite the beginning to the show with that insane security guard. As I mentioned...he was driving a Ford.
Nice to hang out again and the weather was decent. Lots of nice cars overall and in our group. It's onto Hilton next week.
Nothing but Mopars Image