The Windmill

Upcoming show information and reviews.
petegee77

Re: The Windmill

Post by petegee77 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Ro has been following it in a weekly Penn Yan paper.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:53 pm

LMAO Thought of you yesterday Dave. Ro and I went to the Windmill and this year they moved the show to a mudpit slightly North of the usual one.It poured most of the day. I was impressed with the turnout...89 cars. Lots of older cars too which shocked me. We had a 1940 Plymouth right next to us and there were 8 other cars from the 30'sand 40"s and even a 57 Ford. Best of show was a rat rod ! Had an old Dodge truck front end with huge Caddie fins in the rear. They gave out awards to the top 50. Ro and I came in 30th so we came home with some hardware. The rain did quicken things up as they moved the awards up 45 minutes. We did get some Christmas shopping out of the way while we were there.
Nothing but Mopars Image

battmann
Site Admin

Post by battmann » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:20 pm

Congrats on the award. I was thinking about going but thought the show was later in the month.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:48 am

battmann wrote:Congrats on the award. I was thinking about going but thought the show was later in the month.
Thanks Clint. I should have bumped the thread earlier. It would have been a good day to leave the kids home if you had gone. Poured most of the show. At least no one got stuck and had to be towed like in the past. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:16 pm

petegee77 wrote:LMAO Thought of you yesterday Dave. Ro and I went to the Windmill and this year they moved the show to a mudpit slightly North of the usual one.It poured most of the day. I was impressed with the turnout...89 cars. Lots of older cars too which shocked me. We had a 1940 Plymouth right next to us and there were 8 other cars from the 30'sand 40"s and even a 57 Ford. Best of show was a rat rod ! Had an old Dodge truck front end with huge Caddie fins in the rear. They gave out awards to the top 50. Ro and I came in 30th so we came home with some hardware. The rain did quicken things up as they moved the awards up 45 minutes. We did get some Christmas shopping out of the way while we were there.

Congrats Pete!! I thought it might have been a mess.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:57 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
petegee77 wrote:LMAO Thought of you yesterday Dave. Ro and I went to the Windmill and this year they moved the show to a mudpit slightly North of the usual one.It poured most of the day. I was impressed with the turnout...89 cars. Lots of older cars too which shocked me. We had a 1940 Plymouth right next to us and there were 8 other cars from the 30'sand 40"s and even a 57 Ford. Best of show was a rat rod ! Had an old Dodge truck front end with huge Caddie fins in the rear. They gave out awards to the top 50. Ro and I came in 30th so we came home with some hardware. The rain did quicken things up as they moved the awards up 45 minutes. We did get some Christmas shopping out of the way while we were there.

Congrats Pete!! I thought it might have been a mess.
Thanks Dave and it sure was a mess.
Nothing but Mopars Image