WENDELVILLE VOLUNTEER FIRE CO. CAR SHOW

Upcoming show information and reviews.
87 Monte LS

WENDELVILLE VOLUNTEER FIRE CO. CAR SHOW

Post by 87 Monte LS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 am

AUG 8 - WENDELVILLE VOLUNTEER FIRE CO. CAR SHOW - 7340 Campbell Blvd., Pendleton, NY. 9am-4pm. Campbell Blvd Comer Tonawanda Creek Rd. Basket raffle, chicken chowder, and other food available. Sponsored by Wendelville Fire Co.

pre registration at http://wnycruiser.com/

petegee77

Re: WENDELVILLE VOLUNTEER FIRE CO. CAR SHOW

Post by petegee77 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Thanks for posting this Doug. Dubie and I talked about this Saturday at the Farm Fest. I'm in, pretty sure he is too.
Nothing but Mopars Image

87 Monte LS

Post by 87 Monte LS » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 am

petegee77 wrote:Thanks for posting this Doug. Dubie and I talked about this Saturday at the Farm Fest. I'm in, pretty sure he is too.
Hope to see you guys there Pete

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:33 pm

87 Monte LS wrote:
petegee77 wrote:Thanks for posting this Doug. Dubie and I talked about this Saturday at the Farm Fest. I'm in, pretty sure he is too.
Hope to see you guys there Pete
I know there's another one at a fire hall the same day but I'll be at Wendleville.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:40 pm

Don's out for Wendelville. He has a wedding to go to. Anybody else in ?
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm out, going to the races that evening. I need the day to get the cars ready for Summit
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:07 pm

twomanymontes wrote:I'm out, going to the races that evening. I need the day to get the cars ready for Summit
Understandable. You're pretty jammed up the last few weeks. Summers too short !
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Got the PT all registered for Saturday. Leaving the Monte home for this one.
Nothing but Mopars Image

87 Monte LS

Post by 87 Monte LS » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:04 am

petegee77 wrote:Got the PT all registered for Saturday. Leaving the Monte home for this one.
Weathers looking perfect for Saturday. See you there Pete

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:25 pm

87 Monte LS wrote:
petegee77 wrote:Got the PT all registered for Saturday. Leaving the Monte home for this one.
Weathers looking perfect for Saturday. See you there Pete
Sounds good. You won't be able to miss the PT . :lol:
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:05 pm

Cruiser is all washed nicely and gassed up for the morning. Lots of guys I hang with at the Weds. Texas Road House are going to the Ellwood Fire Co. car show tomorrow. I'll report back on Wendelville tomorrow nite.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Nice show. A few drops of rain early on but it stayed cloudy with no rain the rest of the day. Just over 100 cars. Pretty good turnout for a 1st year show. Great, reasonably priced food: chowder, hot dogs , hamburgers etc. Met some old friends and some new ones. Gave a few people Motley Cruisers CC info to sign up. Let's hope it leads to some new members. Lots of awards, I'd say 45-50, which was pretty decent. Both Doug and I went home with awards which is always nice. All and all a fun day. .
Nothing but Mopars Image

87 Monte LS

Post by 87 Monte LS » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:43 am

Decent turnout for a first year even and considering all the other events going on yesterday as well. Thanks for coming out Pete . Sorry I didn't have more time to chat, they kept me pretty busy helping again. Looking forward to the UAW show were I can relax

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:54 am

87 Monte LS wrote:Decent turnout for a first year even and considering all the other events going on yesterday as well. Thanks for coming out Pete . Sorry I didn't have more time to chat, they kept me pretty busy helping again. Looking forward to the UAW show were I can relax
Yeah I know you and Ray were busy and I understand. Glad you got to see the PT. The Ellwood Show , from what one of the guys I know went to, had about 90 cars.
Not sure of the UAW show yet. Heading to the Niagara County Fair today and perhaps Hoovers on the way home. Depends on how tired we are.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:54 pm

petegee77 wrote:
87 Monte LS wrote:Decent turnout for a first year even and considering all the other events going on yesterday as well. Thanks for coming out Pete . Sorry I didn't have more time to chat, they kept me pretty busy helping again. Looking forward to the UAW show were I can relax
Yeah I know you and Ray were busy and I understand. Glad you got to see the PT. The Ellwood Show , from what one of the guys I know went to, had about 90 cars.
Not sure of the UAW show yet. Heading to the Niagara County Fair today and perhaps Hoovers on the way home. Depends on how tired we are.
Doug, Had to defend your Monte today as I got into it with a guy who swore yours was modified or wasn't even an 86. He claimed " They didn't even have F.I. in 86. I set him straight with that since I just read it in my 86 Monte catalog Saturday nite. lol Different strokes I guess.
Nothing but Mopars Image

87 Monte LS

Post by 87 Monte LS » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:56 pm

petegee77 wrote:
petegee77 wrote:
Doug, Had to defend your Monte today as I got into it with a guy who swore yours was modified or wasn't even an 86. He claimed " They didn't even have F.I. in 86. I set him straight with that since I just read it in my 86 Monte catalog Saturday nite. lol Different strokes I guess.
Pete just curious,who was that? My car originally came with a 305 V8 which was swapped out with a 350 by the previous owner before I bought it from him in 2008. The current ramjet 350 fi motor was installed by Dan back in 2010. The SS pieces (wheels, spoiler, posi) parts were on it when I bought it. The interior is basically stock original except for the dash cluster was upgraded to the SS 115 mph speedometer and I had an "A" pillar gauge setup added as well. The Exhaust is all custom bent with "h" pipe and special made stainless tailpipe extensions. There's a lot that's not "stock" about it so yeah I always considered it modified. It is a genuine 86 though.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:16 pm

87 Monte LS wrote: Pete just curious,who was that? My car originally came with a 305 V8 which was swapped out with a 350 by the previous owner before I bought it from him in 2008. The current ramjet 350 fi motor was installed by Dan back in 2010. The SS pieces (wheels, spoiler, posi) parts were on it when I bought it. The interior is basically stock original except for the dash cluster was upgraded to the SS 115 mph speedometer and I had an "A" pillar gauge setup added as well. The Exhaust is all custom bent with "h" pipe and special made stainless tailpipe extensions. There's a lot that's not "stock" about it so yeah I always considered it modified. It is a genuine 86 though.
Doug
His main objection was that it was the different year and the F.I. which he insisted wasn't even available in 86. According to the 86 GM brochure I have it was standard on the LS in 86. Wish I had it instead of the carb. lol .I didn't realize that you even had a 350 in it. ( Don't forget I'm a Mopar guy.lol ) I did see him at Wendelville but not positive of what his ride was. Maybe the burgundy 86 Monte SS that was up front if I had to guess? He seemed to be into Monte's. There was no Stock or Modified divisions at Wendelville so WTF was the point he was trying to make anyway ? I got to see Ray " on duty" at the show today so that was nice.
Nothing but Mopars Image

87 Monte LS

Post by 87 Monte LS » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:43 am

petegee77 wrote:
87 Monte LS wrote: Pete just curious,who was that? My car originally came with a 305 V8 which was swapped out with a 350 by the previous owner before I bought it from him in 2008. The current ramjet 350 fi motor was installed by Dan back in 2010. The SS pieces (wheels, spoiler, posi) parts were on it when I bought it. The interior is basically stock original except for the dash cluster was upgraded to the SS 115 mph speedometer and I had an "A" pillar gauge setup added as well. The Exhaust is all custom bent with "h" pipe and special made stainless tailpipe extensions. There's a lot that's not "stock" about it so yeah I always considered it modified. It is a genuine 86 though.
Doug
His main objection was that it was the different year and the F.I. which he insisted wasn't even available in 86. According to the 86 GM brochure I have it was standard on the LS in 86. Wish I had it instead of the carb. lol .I didn't realize that you even had a 350 in it. ( Don't forget I'm a Mopar guy.lol ) I did see him at Wendelville but not positive of what his ride was. Maybe the burgundy 86 Monte SS that was up front if I had to guess? He seemed to be into Monte's. There was no Stock or Modified divisions at Wendelville so WTF was the point he was trying to make anyway ? I got to see Ray " on duty" at the show today so that was nice.
yes you are correct on both the year and yes they did come with a 4.3 fuel injected motors in 86. and yeah what was his point lol. How was 4h? I wanted to go but we had made reservations a few months back with some friends to tour a new brewery over in the west side.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:14 pm

I enjoyed the fair. I grew up on a farm in the Catskills. Goats, chickens, ducks and cows. Being at the fair was like being home.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:38 am

The 2016 edition is Saturday August 13th. Had a nice time last year. Last year it was the same day as Ellwood Fire Companys show but I haven't heard anything for Ellwood yet.
Nothing but Mopars Image