Mt. St. Mary's High School Car show

Upcoming show information and reviews.
twomanymontes

Re: Mt. St. Mary's High School Car show

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Awesome show today! We had 10 cars and trucks meeting up at the plaza. and then 3 more meet up with us at the show. Great to meet up with some new cruisers and possibly a few new members.

Small show by most shows, but they were vary limited on space and the had to turn away quite a few. The award judges were cool, Students and staff picked the cars and the best of show was the cruisers choice. We might have to meet a little earlier next time. Probably going to do this show again.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:44 pm

This was my 2nd show here and I'll be back next year.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:00 pm

The 2016 Show is on Saturday August 27th.
I've already got myself, Dubie and his brother plus Steve signed up as Motley Cruisers.Gotta call Wild Bill . He came last year but way late. I want us the get that trophy for club participation this year. It will look great on display at Dave's Shop. We should have gotten it last year.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Pete, post the contact info. I will sign Matt and I up. Jack might be interested in going as well. And I'm working on Rasson from work, he's got a pretty bad ass Mustang.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:06 pm

Sorry I did not see this earlier. A little different this year in that registration is 9am-1pm. Last year it was 11-2. Address is 3756 Delaware Ave. in Kenmore.
Cruise runs from 1pm-5pm. $10 day of reg. Dash plaque,goodie bag and T shirt for 1st 100 cars registered.
I'll post a meeting place and time later.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:09 pm

Ok Pete, Keep us posted.

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:26 pm

One week to go!!!

Pete, any idea of a meeting place???

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:18 am

twomanymontes wrote:One week to go!!!

Pete, any idea of a meeting place???
Not yet Dave. I'm trying to confirm that the registration time is 9am. Last year it was 11 and we met at DelTon plaza and left there at 10. I re read the post from here from last year.
I will let you know as soon as I know but I'm thinking DelTon Plaza again. Plenty of room and it's right down the street.
Nothing but Mopars Image

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:54 pm

Went to the Hartland Fire Co. show this morning where I ran into Joe who runs the Mt. St. Mary's show. Registration opens at 9am. Talked to Dubie and we will meet at the DelTon plaza around 8:15 and leave there at 8:30 for the show. Next year registration will be at 10am from what Joe told me.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Ok Pete, Jack and Jason will be following us. Matt is 98% sure he will be coming with the Buick and Tim is still not sure. We will get there right around 8:15.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:52 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Ok Pete, Jack and Jason will be following us. Matt is 98% sure he will be coming with the Buick and Tim is still not sure. We will get there right around 8:15.
THAT'S GREAT DAVE !! We have to get them all registered as Motley Cruisers. Last year I know guys forgot. Dubie and I are already in as Motley Cruisers. Wild Bill ( 65 red Impala convertible ) is coming too. I've got to get his a$$ there earlier. Last year the knuckle head showed up at 2 !! lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Our cars are ready, didn't really get them dirty, so it was just a quick wipe down. I'll spend more time at the show finishing it up.

So far, Jason, Matt, Matthew and I will be leaving our place for 8 and Jack is meeting us at the parking lot.

PontiacAndy

Post by PontiacAndy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. My dad ended up buying a 1974 MG MGB, with 60,000 miles on it.......that's been in a garage for 10 years. That was an adventure getting that home. ugh

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:38 pm

HOT HOT HOT was the word for today's show. They had 103 cars which was less than last year from what they said. We were shut out today barely losing the club participation award. We had 7 by my count and Dave's....me, Dave and Matt, Dubie, Jason, Jack and Matt Lewis . Wild Bill was there but didn't enter his car since he was leaving early. Lot's of nice cars as usual.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:59 am

Yes it was hot!!! The cars looked great but just not what they were looking for. The food was awesome!! That Chicken Marcella was a shock coming from a food truck. And Jason loved the Milkshake he got from another.

Pete, we will have to work on attendance as a whole for next year shows.

I think the heat and financial situations is really cutting into car shows, Every show we have been too has been down in attendance this year. And I have been seeing a lot of new cars on the streets. Next week is Olcott, they always get 1000 cars. I wonder what their turn out will be.

It was good to see lots of people that I haven't seen in a while. My buddy Norm that I used to work with and Gordon, a guy we met at Summit that lives in Ohio came into town and hung out with us. Plus had a great conversation with Wild Bill, too bad he didn't bring the Impala.

Andy, Sorry you didn't get to stop by, but sounds like your Dad picked himself up a cool project.

petegee77

Post by petegee77 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:00 am

We did the Niagara County Fair show and attendance was very close to the year before. Maybe 3 or 4 less cars. The 2 shows we did after that attendance was down terribly. One had 102 the year before but just 28 this year. The other went from 122 to 38 cars. The weather at both shows was spotty but at no time did anyone say it looks like it's going to rain. Lots of blue sky with puffy white or gray clouds cruising by. Hard to figure.
I think the heat did people in yesterday. As you saw lots of people left early.
Nothing but Mopars Image

twomanymontes

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:47 pm

Yeah, Hopefully the heat this year is what's killing the show's attendance.