Olcott Beach Car show

Upcoming show information and reviews.
User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Olcott Beach Car show

Post by twomanymontes » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:53 pm

Anyone going Saturday to the Olcott show??

Were leaving here at 6:45 and meeting Tim and the Rochester group for 7:30 at the Ford Dealer at 5 corners.

I know Jason, Matt, Jack and I are going. Anyone else?
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by battmann » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:42 pm

I'm debating going but probably can't get there that early.
I also have to get the '83 trans am back together. I pretty much gutted the interior to try & get rid of this mouse smell. Found a few small nests under the rear hatch trim panels and behind the dash. It was pretty gross. Really surprised they didn't chew any wiring.

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by petegee77 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:38 pm

battmann wrote:I'm debating going but probably can't get there that early.
I also have to get the '83 trans am back together. I pretty much gutted the interior to try & get rid of this mouse smell. Found a few small nests under the rear hatch trim panels and behind the dash. It was pretty gross. Really surprised they didn't chew any wiring.
Yes that is a surprise. You lucked out. Usually the 1st thing they like to gnaw on is the wiring
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by petegee77 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:41 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Anyone going Saturday to the Olcott show??

Were leaving here at 6:45 and meeting Tim and the Rochester group for 7:30 at the Ford Dealer at 5 corners.

I know Jason, Matt, Jack and I are going. Anyone else?
I'm out. heading to a work detail at Ro's dad's house in Elmira. Oh what fun :( . Dubie might go. I guess Joe's been asking and asking him to hang out with them there.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by battmann » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Lisa gave me the pass to go. Now I just gotta get the car back together.
Was gonna start working on it tonight but wanted to watch the Detroit Lions play.

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by petegee77 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:49 pm

battmann wrote:Lisa gave me the pass to go. Now I just gotta get the car back together.
Was gonna start working on it tonight but wanted to watch the Detroit Lions play.
Well I guess we now know where your priorities are. lol
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by battmann » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Looks like I'm not gonna make it now. Was gonna work on the car but it won't start. It's not getting fuel. It just worked 2 days ago. I think it's the fuel pump which is a pain to replace cause it's in the tank. It's not priming. Gonna check to see if it's getting power but pretty sure the pump died. I have the best luck. :cry:

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by battmann » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Seems like there's no power at the pump wire by the rear bumper. Maybe I'm checking the wrong one. Figuring out wiring sucks!

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:11 pm

It turned out to be a great day for a car show!!

Lots of cool cars, they had over 1000. Plus got to see Clint, Tim, Don, Jason and Steve.

Congrats to Tim and Steve on their awards! And Thank God Jason knows how to drive! On the way home, making a turn he locked the brakes up and the truck spun around. Not a scratch on the truck, but Jason might have needed to change his shorts when he got home, LMAO!!!

I took pics, but it will be later this week before I get them uploaded.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:12 pm

battmann wrote:Seems like there's no power at the pump wire by the rear bumper. Maybe I'm checking the wrong one. Figuring out wiring sucks!
Well, it looked like you got it figured out, LOL!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by petegee77 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:09 pm

twomanymontes wrote: Jason might have needed to change his shorts when he got home, LMAO!!!

I took pics, but it will be later this week before I get them uploaded.
Hopefully you don't mean that you took pictures of Jason's shorts. :lol:
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by petegee77 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:15 pm

Is that Scuba Steve that won at Olcott?
I looked for you and Matt at Niawanda today. :( Ro and I got back in time to see the tail end of it and see Dubie.
Anyone up for Gainsville next Saturday? I know it's a haul to get there. It's a judged show which I like.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by twomanymontes » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:17 pm

No Pete, I took car pics!! LOL!

Yeah, Matt and I went to Watkins Glen today for the INDY race. That was a lot of fun!!!! Jack and Cam were there.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by petegee77 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:34 am

twomanymontes wrote:No Pete, I took car pics!! LOL!

Yeah, Matt and I went to Watkins Glen today for the INDY race. That was a lot of fun!!!! Jack and Cam were there.
Damn ! I LOVE Indy car racing and would have loved to have been with you. We were close as Elmira is only like 20 minutes away. Ro even mention at Niawanda " I wonder if Dave and Matt went to the Glen ? " lol
Gainsville anyone on Saturday ?
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Saturday is the Gun Club work party, and Sunday I have to get some work done.

Next shows we will be doing is September to Remember on the 18th and Roswell on the 24th. I'm trying to see if my buddy in Binghamton is doing the Halloween show in October and get info on it.
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by twomanymontes » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:46 pm

It was a great race too!! And they will be there again next year!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

User avatar
battmann
Site Admin
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Location: North Chili, NY

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by battmann » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:36 pm

I plan to be at September to Remember.

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by petegee77 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:37 pm

twomanymontes wrote:Saturday is the Gun Club work party, and Sunday I have to get some work done.

Next shows we will be doing is September to Remember on the 18th and Roswell on the 24th. I'm trying to see if my buddy in Binghamton is doing the Halloween show in October and get info on it.
I'm going to the Pembroke show on the 18th with Steve20480. That's the show with the unique dash plaques. I'm free on the 17th but that's trucks only at Sept. to Remember.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
petegee77
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Kenmore

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by petegee77 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:39 pm

twomanymontes wrote:It was a great race too!! And they will be there again next year!
I'd love to go next year if the schedule works out. One more thing I can scratch off my bucket list.
Nothing but Mopars Image

User avatar
twomanymontes
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Amherst, NY
Contact:

Re: Olcott Beach Car show

Post by twomanymontes » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:48 pm

battmann wrote:I plan to be at September to Remember.
Awesome!!!
There is no such thing as Too Many Montes

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests